Notices

The Relapse Queen

Old 12-22-2005, 05:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Relapse Queen

Does this program really work? I don't seem to be making it. I've relapsed again...for the millionth time.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Future Philanthropist

Which program? There are lots of 'em practiced by lots of people here... and then some of us who dont practice any program.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2tough2die
Which program? There are lots of 'em practiced by lots of people here... and then some of us who dont practice any program.
I should have made that clear. AA, but also just the whole sobriety thing. I'm just struggling with it. I want to be happy but I can't....
Old 12-22-2005, 05:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Do you go to meetings? Have you gotten a sponsor? Have you honestly and fully taken the steps?

The program works. I urge you not to give up. It took me fifteen years to come to the point where I could surrender and do what I needed to do in order to stay sober. Then, and only then, did it work for me.

You're in my prayers.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 12-22-2005, 05:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sugah
Do you go to meetings? Have you gotten a sponsor? Have you honestly and fully taken the steps?

The program works. I urge you not to give up. It took me fifteen years to come to the point where I could surrender and do what I needed to do in order to stay sober. Then, and only then, did it work for me.

You're in my prayers.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Thank you. I'm in a lot of emotional pain right now.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Absolutely and positively AA works and so do others. The catch is..................you have to WANT sobriety and I mean REALLY WANT IT.

Stopping drinking is just the very first baby step of many steps to come. its an inside job and requires lots of work, but boy oh boy IT IS SURE WORTH IT.

I would not trade my very worst day of sobriety for my very best 600 days of drinking, and I've been sober a long time now.

In the first weeks and sometimes months in AA, it seems its more important to just listen and get to know the people in the meetings and get phone numbers, AND become willing to use those phone numbers before picking up another drink. In other words sometimes the "fellowship" is more important early in sobriety than the actual "program" of the 12 steps.

You will also get some great support here, please keep posting!!!!!!!

JMHO

Love and (((((to all))))),
Old 12-22-2005, 07:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I wondered where my queenie crown went when I quit running in and out of AA!

I used every excuse to keep drinking ..sad..mad...hurt...glad.

Bottom line.....I had to want to be sober more than I wanted to be drunk.

Blessings...
Old 12-22-2005, 09:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Don't give up......... you can do this!
Old 12-23-2005, 04:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It took me 10 years to finally be "done" with drinking/drugs. It takes what it takes...obviously you still feel the need to cause yourself harm. Only you can decide whether the/any program works or not. The 12 Steps worked for me.
Stop the madness and truly commit yourself to a specific amount of sober time.... it's not like booze/drugs are going anywhere. They'll always be there to steal your power and make you feel like a piece of crap any time you choose to go back out there and find them again.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Val, you never answered Sugah's questions.
Originally Posted by Val
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by [b
Sugah[/b]

You're in my prayers.

Peace & Love,
Sugah

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>eria]Thank you. I'm in a lot of emotional pain right now.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

hey there, my name is danielle and i am in my 4th day of being sober {without pills}. anyways before i had my son about a year and a half ago, i went to a half way house from jail, done 7 months in jail, i was clean and so happy when i got out. i had planned on staying clean and working. i met this friend there who was quite a bit older than me, but a really great guy. he had been in prison for 17 years. anyways he was working the program, and we started talking, and he claimed i knew the book by heart, 12 step book. he was amazed with me, he could not believe i knew so much about the program and talked about it ll the time. i had told him most everything about me, and we became really best friends. he stayed in the program for 1 year and i stayed in it not for long till i met my baby's faher, and his drug of choice was the same as mine, then it all went down hill again for me. you know the story. anyways my point was really you can know the program by heart and know in your mind what you need to do, but without really putting it into action there is no hope. i think this is a great program, i always have i have just never really tried to make it work for me, so this time after my dt's are gone i plan to get involved, and everyones involvement is different, you don't have to be a na or aa freak to make the program work, just believe it will work, turn to your higher power and do the best you can, after all that is all anyone can ask from you.
lots of luck
danielle
also just want to add, it make take you 20 times in and out, always remember the best things are worth waiting on, and god has a plan for us all, so whatever that may be for you i am sure he has a reason for it, don't give up, and pray a whole lot from hour to hour.