Notices

My Very First Post !!!

Old 12-20-2005, 09:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

My Very First Post !!!

This was my very first post here at SR. I was looking through and it took me a while longer to learn how to make my own thread LOL...

04-23-2005, 09:29 PM #6
luckyv2
DOING THE RIGHT THING

Glad that we all have made it through another day. Some once said at a meeting if someone says that sobriety is easy stay away from them.
I still would hold firm to that and I had about a week shy then of a month imagine that. SR is my Rock.....

Love Vic
Old 12-20-2005, 09:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Midas

Happy 8 Months, Vic!! You've come a LONG way, bro.

Old 12-20-2005, 09:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Staying in recovery and here at SR is awesome Vic!

Congrats!
Old 12-20-2005, 10:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You have shown so much growth and you are doing great!
Old 12-20-2005, 11:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

OMG, THAT IS TOO WIERD. I JUST WENT AND READ MY FIRST POST A FEW HOURS AGO.......... Uncanny, eh!!!!!!!! lol
Old 12-21-2005, 03:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Yeah it is and you know I am so grateful for it I have 8 months at SR and I have almost 9 months clean and sober. SR has been here for me hell I don't even remember that post, maybe cause that was the first thing that I had ever done with a computer. I still am not sure half of the time what I am doing. I do know however that today is going to be a good day.

You know as long as we keep focused on what this day has to offer, what we can do for someone else, what we can give rather than receive, who we can smile to rather than wait for that smile, that is what life is all about. I am thankful that today I have friends that like me for who I am and not for what I can give them. So much more the more I am clean and sober I keep reflecting to page 99 of the 12X12 the Saint Francis sissy prayer. That would be an ideal to strive for and would even be greater to achieve.

I never had a Thread that said Hi I'm New here. Because I never knew how to run a computer. I never got a chance to introduce myself like everyone else here has. Oh well that is all gone nothing but a memory. Hope it is memorex

Love Vic
Old 12-21-2005, 03:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

BTW thanks Midas, Carol, Hope and Done you all are a huge part of my recovery among many others. Thanks for being so patient with me also...

Love Vic
Old 12-21-2005, 04:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

That's very cool Vic. I just started that topic on a thread on another forum I'm on (stereo geeks, you folks prob wouldn't be interested)

I'm going to go look up mine here now. Yours was cool Vic.

June 2005- I had been in a workshop for a few months, but relapsed.

"I've been in and out of AA for three years, seems all I can do is get 60-90 days and I'm back at it. Cocaine and alcohol are my DOC. I ran into an old party buddy yesterday and scored some stuff. Stayed up all night and I'm just so shaky now I can barely type. How do I face the guys in my workshop and meetings and tell them about this. It's just soo bad this time.
Thanks for being here."

Michael
Old 12-21-2005, 05:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by roadie58
That's very cool Vic. I just started that topic on a thread on another forum I'm on (stereo geeks, you folks prob wouldn't be interested)

I'm going to go look up mine here now. Yours was cool Vic.

June 2005- I had been in a workshop for a few months, but relapsed.

"I've been in and out of AA for three years, seems all I can do is get 60-90 days and I'm back at it. Cocaine and alcohol are my DOC. I ran into an old party buddy yesterday and scored some stuff. Stayed up all night and I'm just so shaky now I can barely type. How do I face the guys in my workshop and meetings and tell them about this. It's just so bad this time.
Thanks for being here."

Michael
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Michael)))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))

I will always be around if you ever need to talk my friend. You know I was sitting on the steps one day waiting for a meeting, just got done relapsing and this girl came up to me. I said Barbie why didn't you all just tell me that it is those character defects that take us back out. Her reply was "It takes what it takes" I haven't been clean and sober since that day either Michael but I am here to tell you that since I have found AA and NA I have had more clean time than I ever did before So it is a program of progress not perfection and any day that we can stay clean it is a miracle and Michael you are a miracle..

Love Vic
Old 12-21-2005, 07:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by stormyautumn
((((((vic))))))) I am so happy you are here at SR you have helped me so much in my recovery. Between the both of us saying were are leaving numerous times lol we always stay because we need this place...Congrats on your awesome recovery and I am so happy your our part of this wonderful SR family

Love, Kelly
(((((((((((((((((((((((Kelly)))))))))))))))))))))) ))

I am so glad to see that your around and I am happy to be a part also..Yep we are the ones that are always leaving I think that if it wasn't for us they wouldn't know what to do with themselves Sure miss seeing you on the bus too...Anyway I am sending good thoughts your way my friend..

Love Vic