Notices

cant take being sober

Old 12-16-2005, 12:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy cant take being sober

I cant take being sober. I am going out of my mind rapidly. If I dont go get high or drunk, or both I am going to go insane. I am not happy at all. this is the most miserable I have been at any time of my life. All I can say is that I tried. I really dont know what I am going to do right now. Drugs werent doing it for me anymore, but the way I have been feeling lately is not working for me either. I am at a complete loss.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The feeling will pass. You know this. Go get a book, fll up your bathtub and soak. Drink hot milk. Go to bed. You will feel better in the morning. Don't use. If you really , REALLY wanted to use, you wouild be doing so, not posting here. You're on the right track. Stay there.
Love,
~EG~
Old 12-16-2005, 01:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dan

Quitting the booze and dope was the first thing to do, and in many respects, the easy part of recovery.
Replacing what they did for me, until they stopped working, was, and is, the hard part about recovery.
You can stay sober one more day.
And you need to find some help for the next day.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

this feeling will pass, just say a prayer. this is a normal feeling but i can tell you dont want to use. read a book or work on a hobby, that will help get you mind off of using. hang in there we are here for you.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

((((Bfree))))

Keeping you in my prayers. It's not any better out there. Trust me, I just came back. Time to try a new way.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think we all have to make difficult changes in our lives after we become sober. There is so much hope!
Old 12-16-2005, 08:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

More meetings, call your sponsor -- sometimes the day to day sucks, and we have to face our sh!t head on, but it's a damn shot better than escaping from them...

Look -- in our addictions and drinking, we know where that would lead -- yes, oblivion at first -- but surely sickness, jail and death are soon to come. In sobriety, we have no idea what life will throw at us -- it's uncertain for sure -- but give me that over the other crap any day....

If you are not involved in NA or AA -- go. It's helped me to learn to live and enjoy life sober.

Ken
Old 12-16-2005, 08:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Can't go forward... can't go back....

been there been there been there......

Do I just let go and tank my life...???
Do I slip and start and slip and start... staying endlessly in this horribly painful place...
... or...
do I hunker down... hang on... and wait the ride out to the other end to see vista's I have never seen before...

I think it's robbing ourselves if we don't at least try to get to the distant hills to see if maybe... just maybe... we'd like to live there...

the only way out.. is through.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I cannot add anything to what has been said. I am just glad you had the strength to post such honest feelings. Hope you make it through this trial, the feelings are horrible, have been there myself. I will have a good thought for you.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Naps are good.

I know how you feel. Today sucks. I hate Fridays. I feel like I should be able to drink on Fridays. Even if I only drank one day a week it would be on Fridays.

I'm going to go take a nap.

I will say a prayer for you (and me both).

Try to make it just for today. Try to remember how bad hangovers felt. My last one was a doozy.

love, Texas D
Old 12-16-2005, 11:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

The largest truth I have learned about my addictions was that the drugs and booze were only symptoms -- they were not my problem. My problem was me. I had to work on me in order to keep from suffering again the symptoms of me.

Please don't use, and please pick up the phone and ask for help. You will find numbers in your phonebook or on a website -- local or national numbers with people manning the phones who will understand where you are, because they've been there, too. This doesn't have to be the end -- it can be the beginning.

You have a choice.

Give in and suffer the symptoms, which will kill you.

Take the steps and work on you, and remission can be 100%.

You are not alone, unless you choose to be. Please - pick up the phone.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 12-16-2005, 11:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

All I ever do is read, that is something I did even in my most f'd up times. I though this would pass, but it has gotten worse and worse. Still havent used, but my mind is traveling to very dark and dangerous places. I am not sure how long I can hold on.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

HALT...Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired?
Do something different. Take a walk. Take a nap. Bake a cake. Have a nice hot shower or a bubble bath. Read a book. Watch a movie. Call someone who's sober. Go to a meeting ASAP.
Find something to get your head out of the place where it is at this moment.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Midas

This too shall pass...if you let it. NOT USING WON'T KILL YOU. Keep yourself occupied.

Hang In There!!!!

Old 12-16-2005, 11:56 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Free...

it's always the worst right before your gonna break through....

hang on Sweety... you can do this.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hold on.......even when it seems bad.....just hold on.

This feeling will pass but you have to give it time to let it. Just don't pick up no matter what because you will regret it after you do it.

Your life is worth saving---please believe that. If you don't believe right now, please believe that I believe.
I will be praying for you.

Hugs,
Cheryl
Old 12-16-2005, 02:19 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Stronger every day!

Sounds like your addiction talking....it's obviously hungry and pissed because you aren't feeding it. Good. Keep not feeding it and feed yourself instead. Come to our meeting here tonight if you can't get to an outside one, it's better than nothing. But PLEASE try and find yourself a f2f meeting ASAP.

Think of it this way, if all the drugs in your immediate area dried up, how far would you be willing to travel to get some?

Isn't your health and your recovery worth that much effort too??
Old 12-16-2005, 03:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

bfree you have great advice here, all I would like to add is too change your routine(s). In the first few weeks I changed my furniture around, my daily routines, everything. This made it easier to be in a different better space. Don't forget, "what you focus on is what you get more of"

Kevin
Old 12-16-2005, 03:16 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Please hang in there another day. These feelings will pass. I will keep you in my prayers.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:33 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
ASH

Hi Beth,
Glad your here posting and fighting the call to use, please hang in there.
Its simple, (just don't drink or use), but its not easy, (have to do some work to change things).
In your posts you don't reference any family or friends you are talking too.
All of us need some kind of support just to start feeling like we can make it, like our efforts will have meaning.
Even if you don't like everything AA or NA has to offer for sure there will be people there you can talk to just like you talk to people here at SR. I only mention AA because its free and so available everywhere. You may just want to try a women's meeting, just to hear and see others fighting the same fight helps in a way. It also gave my mind something else to obsess about. "where is it at, what's going to happen, what if someone asks me...., and on and on and on, but for those minutes I wasn't thinking of the bad my drinking had caused me which made me want to drink some more. Nothing ever happened to me at a meeting except I walked out feeling less alone even if I didnt talk to anyone. Look in the phone book or online for locations or maybe there is something else in your area for support.
Keep posting, but try to get out and interact, I am a big isolator and it really was starting to damage me.
Take Care, do what you need to do, you are worth it!