Notices

cant take being sober

Old 12-16-2005, 05:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Beth,
I am glad you didn't give in to the addict thoughts and use. One thing I found that really helped me when I got in that mode of the dark and dangerous thoughts was to just STOP. I mean, to consciously put the brakes on that line of thought and then REPLACE the thoughts with other, more positive thoughts. The replace part was so very necessary for me to do and once that dawned on me, and I started practicing it, it became easier and easier to banish the using thoughts. Even if I had to basicallly lie to myself to think 'good' thoughts when I wasn't in a 'good' mood, it still seemed to work. I hope this helps, I only know what worked for me.
~EG~
Old 12-17-2005, 12:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for all the advice. I still havent picked up but I am having a really hard time. I really dont want to use I know that is not the answer, but I am having a really hard time. I am keeping myself busy, but I am just so depressed. I am trying desperatly to study for my final, but I think it is to late. I just have too much reading to catch up on. I also missed so many classes I dont have any of the study questions so I dontknow what to concentrate on. At first I was worried about ruining my grade point average, but I decided to stop being so hard on myself and just try to pass tha class. I always think I have to get an A, but I realized if I get a C or even a D just once itwont kill me. So what if I graduate with a 3.5 or 3.6 instead of a 3.7 or 3.8. I have to chill out a little bit or I will drive myself crazy. It has been 18 days since I got high or drunk so I guess that is more important than getting another A. Anymore words of encouragement will be greatly appreciated, it helps to know some one out there cares. I love you all!!
Love,
Beth
Old 12-17-2005, 02:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Still learning; ever grateful

Originally Posted by bfree4u
It has been 18 days since I got high or drunk so I guess that is more important than getting another A. Anymore words of encouragement will be greatly appreciated, it helps to know some one out there cares. I love you all!!
Love,
Beth
Yes, 18 days sober is the most important thing. You can always get your grades back (and for the record, it sounds like you're doing AWESOME w/ your GPA!!) I think we're on the same track, sobriety-wise. Monday will be 21 days for me. I know I'm still in early sobriety, but if you ever need to vent, just write away!! The moods will pass (maybe go for a walk, to clear your head? Not sure if it's too cold where you are), so you're wise not to beat yourself up. This is at YOUR pace, remember. YOU are what matters, and yes, we all care about you and are here for you!!

Hugs,
Old 12-17-2005, 04:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
ASH

It has been 18 days since I got high or drunk so I guess that is more important than getting another A.
Hi Beth,
18 day is great, that is an A+! You can always retake the class,
just take care of yourself,
keep going it keeps getting better!
take care
Old 12-17-2005, 05:16 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Fellow student

Hey, I was in the same boat. I was getting wasted instead of going to class sober and getting notes, getting wasted the night before tests. I ended up doing ok, and so will you. I am on day 0, as in...beer in hand. I plan to start tomorrow, but I was so hungover today, I had to have one to calm my jitters. I have quit before and plan to do so tomorrow. I need to quit smoking too. But don't worry about the grade. The D is probably an exaggeration, right? Worst case scenario...what, a C? It's ok. And you're doing awesome, day 18 is so far past what many people have to deal with tomorrow, such as myself. You go girl!
Old 12-17-2005, 08:43 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

Beth, glad you didn't use, you can do this!

kathy
Old 12-18-2005, 02:42 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I cant take being sober. I am going out of my mind rapidly. If I dont go get high or drunk, or both I am going to go insane. I am not happy at all. this is the most miserable I have been at any time of my life. All I can say is that I tried. I really dont know what I am going to do right now. Drugs werent doing it for me anymore, but the way I have been feeling lately is not working for me either. I am at a complete loss.
hang in there friend im new to all of this myself and the best advice i wanna give you is find a doctor there arnt alot of them that can help you with taking a pill that is alled SUBOXONE. it is a wonderful drug gets rid of craings i was addicted to vicadin and lortab for 8 years... and know i am 2 weeks clean and feel great it is also for withdraws . please loook into this ask your mentor about it or a phsyciatrst mite now of a doctor who perscribes it .. let me know how you are doing sincerly cindy7246******.com
Old 12-18-2005, 05:30 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

((Beth)) You are doing great!! Being stressed about finals is part of life. You are now experiencing it SOBER!! Hang in there, you will do fine!!

Hugs,
Missy