Notices

28 Day Rehab for Binge Drinking Tomorrow!

Old 12-12-2005, 05:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy 28 Day Rehab for Binge Drinking Tomorrow!

I'm going on a tour of a rehab center tomorrow with my packed suitcase, so if I like it, I can just check in. I'm a binge drinker, I drink about 3-4x a week, drinking to the point of blacking out everytime. I also smoke a lot of pot, daily if I have it. I'm really scared about it all and talking about things with strangers, and stuff. I'm really scared about what's going to happen when I come home. I'm just nervous in general and I really don't know what to expect. Any advice?
Old 12-12-2005, 05:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Libra. Congratulations for taking a huge step for you and for your recovery. Rehab can be a great place to clear the mind of alcohol and drugs while learning about how to live sober.

It is scarey, but you can do it. Just breathe and put one foot in front of the other.

If you do rehab, remember meetings are there after to help you succeed day by day, too.

Good luck!
Old 12-12-2005, 06:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I want to stop drinking, but I don't know how to live without smoking. I know that it will be best for me. I am also really nervous about being there for Christmas. I know that it's best since it's usually so stressful and my ENTIRE family drinks a lot during the holiday season, but I'm still bummed out about it.

I hate getting up early and that stresses me out. I'm excited to feel normal and balanced and know whether my meds are working or not. I'm just exhausted from all the talking about it with my family and close friends, and I know that all I'm going to be doing while I'm there is talking about it. I'm just really nervous.

I just know that this is what I need to do. I blackout everytime I drink, my boyfriend of two years broke up with me over 6 months ago becuse of my drinking, and I still haven't quit. I got taken to the ER because I was acting so weird after binge drinking (people thought I was coked up) and yet I still haven't stopped. I want to quit drinking, but I just know that I don't want to bad enough to be able to do it on my own. That is why I'm concerned about the pot, I want to think that I'll be able to smoke in moderation when I'm out of rehab but I don't honestly know if that will ever be possible.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Midas

Welcome Aboard, Libra276! We're glad you're here. Going for a possible in-patient treatment? It's a scary thought. I was terrified when I went to Banner Health. Those fears quickly subsided though & they even let me opt-out & just sign up for the out-patient program.

It was immensely helpful. If the facility you're going to, is well staffed and well known, your fears should be abated when you go on the tour.

Breathe. Slowly. Don't get worked up. Expect random UA tests. Some rehab facilities will carefully administer prescription meds to help counteract the detox withdrawals. That can be scary in and of itself. When they give you a psych-eval (which is usually a requirement) they'll be able to tell if you need any additional comforts.

Hang In There!! Don't be afraid to ask for help, either.
I want to think that I'll be able to smoke in moderation when I'm out of rehab but I don't honestly know if that will ever be possible.
Don't even start thinking that. It doesn't work.

Old 12-12-2005, 06:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

well I know that I'm just lying to myself in thinking that I can control it as opposed to it controlling me. I'm sure that I will be forced to be realistic with myself during my 28 days.

I just know that as a child of a severe and un-recovered alcoholic, I don't want to be a crappy parent. I want to be there for my kids. I'm only 21, so I still have so much time to live, which is why I'm starting to work on my problem now.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by libra276
well I know that I'm just lying to myself in thinking that I can control it as opposed to it controlling me. I'm sure that I will be forced to be realistic with myself during my 28 days.

I just know that as a child of a severe and un-recovered alcoholic, I don't want to be a crappy parent. I want to be there for my kids. I'm only 21, so I still have so much time to live, which is why I'm starting to work on my problem now.
I wish I had done at your age what you are starting now. Good job on being mature enough to see the signs and seek help before you start to damage yourself in ways that can't be reversed. Don't back out, and don't just be realistic with yourself during the 28 days--it's a lifelong process.

Take care.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

YOU will be fine I will be thinking of you and await your return

Sending good thoughts your way..

Love Vic