Notices

new here

Old 12-11-2005, 10:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new here

hi, i thought i would intoduce myself my name is kaliee and i have a addition to crack.
im not sure what to say but i hope that mybe some one can help me with some answers.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Kaliee and Welcome to SR!!

Have you started a program of recovery? I look forward to hearing from you more.

Hugs & Laughter
GRUMPY
Old 12-11-2005, 11:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, Kaliee. Welcome to SR. You'll find lots of support and information here.

I found recovery by going to meetings, getting a sponsor and working the 12 steps. There is help available. Have you tried NA?

Hope you keep coming back, Kaliee. Glad you're here.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Helllo there!

Great to see you come aboard mate!
Old 12-11-2005, 02:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Jack

You can do it

Hi kalilee and welcome...I'm not sure what to say either. You didn't say so, you asked for help with answers but let me give it a shot anyway. You don't know what questions to ask but you don't want to be addicted. You're at one of the best places on the web to get help ridding yourself of your addiction. I'm guessing you're young.
You're lucky...you have time on your side. I hope you won't mind going in a detox/rehab center. With crack, and a lot of other drugs there's a real danger of seizures, sickness, even death if you try to quit by yourself. A rehab can give you medicine to prevent those things, help you get some sleep and maybe most important
offer you counseling on why you got addicted in the 1st place and teach you skills you'll need so you don't go back to crack as soon as you leave. You're going to need the support of whoever your true friends are. Not the people you got high with, they are not your friends, just people you used drugs with and as soon as they know you don't want to do drugs anymore they will desert you in a NY minute. I hope you have family you can turn to. If you do they are about the only people who have only your best interest at heart. Talk to a clergyman, trusted teacher, some adult you can trust and won't be judgemental cuz you have a disease. I'll say a prayer for you and if you need someone to talk to we're here 24/7, 365.
God bless

Last edited by jbm125; 12-11-2005 at 02:54 PM. Reason: spelling