Notices

hey...

Old 12-09-2005, 08:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hey...

Don't know why I'm posting...been lurking here for a week or two I guess. Just feel like rambling for the first time I guess. I only had three drinks tonight and was going to stop there. Actually I wasn't going to drink at all today. Got drunk last night, woke up still under the influence...thank god for a weather cancellation today...but I could tell that was going to happen last night so used that as an excuse to drink as much as I did. Drank in the house last night...that's a big no-no. I only drink out in hte garage where I can smoke too plus with it being cold I have to put on my coat and everything...just helps me limit it. If I drink inside I sometimes stop counting the drinks eventually and just go for it. My stomach felt like **** this morning and I couldn't even imagine drinking today. Took a nap this afternoon and felt better but still not great. I have no idea why I mixed a drink @ 4:30 but it went down fine and I felt better afterwards. Told myself I had to wait 2 hours for the next one and did. Another two hours for another and did. That was going to be it. Had just a small one an hour later and htat was going to be it. Just came back inside. Told myself I just wanted a smoke before going to bed and I would just have a bottle of Smirnoff Twisted not a mixed drink. So now I'm sitting here, definitely not buzzed or feeling loose at all. As long as I pace it out like tonight I don't get drunk. I don't know why I'm saying any of this..it sounds stupid even to me.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Peace begins with a smile

Welcome... keep reading posts and see if you can identify with others...

The question to ask yourself is, "Have I had enough yet? (of living this way)...
Old 12-09-2005, 09:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey there...
welcome to SR..

a moment in the life of a drinker.. ;o)

So...

Where to from here..??
Old 12-09-2005, 09:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((dky))))

Welcome to Sober Recovery...

You don't sound stupid. It just sounds like you are sitting on the fence about quitting drinking or not. If you drink to the point of not feeling good the next day maybe that could be a good reason to explore quitting.

I am 20 years sober and the best reason I have for not drinking is that I no longer have hang-overs. I wake up feeling really good. When I first quit I felt a little bit rotten but, it was worth it for me to stick it out...

Keep posting
Old 12-09-2005, 09:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Okay, I have a question,

Splendra: Its been 9 days of no drinking and I have felt like cr@p each day. I am in a mental fog and have headaches, fatigue, (but, this is NOT as bad as a hangover) and need to sleep and eat all the time. Is that common? I crave carbohydrates and sugars, which I never ate much of before.

Just wondering.

MC
Old 12-09-2005, 09:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep coming back you'll know.I spent 30 some years of feeling like crap.Them first couple of drinks the next day was enough to make me feel good enough to keep right on going and going till I felt like crap the next day.WHAT A LIFE DON"T YOU THINK
Old 12-10-2005, 04:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi dont...I played that same crazy game for years, always trying to find a way to find time to drink, never keeping the promise to myself to stop. I was able to taper off to around a case of beer a week, ok more than a case.

This SR site and all the great folks that respond has been a blessing and I am around 16 days without drinking. My troubles and problems have not disappeared, but I am dealing with them better.

It is a lot easier to look on the sunny side, when I don't have a headache, stomack ache, etc.

Thanks for letting me shair.