Notices

baby steps

Old 12-06-2005, 07:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face baby steps

First, I want to say thanks to everyone who replied to my first post "hi, I'm new." Your words of encouragement remind me that I'm not alone in trying to get clean.

Today I have one day sober. Not much but it's a start. I'm having some serious cravings but I was smart enough to finally delete my dealer's phone number from my cell right after I posted here. I also finally called my therapist and came clean to him about my problem (in a voicemail, haven't heard back yet). He has been so helpful to me in the past but I'd stopped talking to him because I was so ashamed of the addiction. In the past two weeks he's called me 4 times, very concerned and it made me feel bad for worrying him but at the same time I was touched that he cared enough to keep calling. All of my friends stopped calling long ago when I stopped participating in society, and I don't blame them.

Anyway I have been trying to distract myself as much as possible by cleaning, and knitting, and playing video games. My boyfriend works almost all the time I am awake, and when I do see him I tend to hide what I'm going through because I know he doesn't understand, although he's been nothing but supportive. Tomorrow I am going to try going to a noon NA meeting which is 3 blocks from my house. The sad thing is, that will be the furthest I've been from my apartment since I got back from Arizona last Tuesday. I am scared but hopeful. I don't know if 12 step will be right for me but I know I really want a support group of some kind, and NA just happens to be the most accessible.

Anyway that's all I had to say for now...thanks for reading
Old 12-06-2005, 08:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good to see you...
Hey congrats on day 1
I am happy to hear that there is meeting so close and can't wait to hear how it goes.
Big Hugs
You are doing great...calling your therapist,deleting the dealers #,distracting yourself....
Old 12-06-2005, 08:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

(((((Chococat))))))

Glad that you have found this family and hope that you do well. You did it just for today, that is all any of us have really. I am sending good thoughts your way..

Love Vic