SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Im Back And Looking For More Help... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/79059-im-back-looking-more-help.html)

searching 12-05-2005 05:27 PM

Im Back And Looking For More Help...

Well the weekend went ok, it spit ice rain on us the whole time we up there. I tried to help my wife have a good b-day but the only way was if I stayed drinking, If I didnt I would have spent the whole time in bed or worse. We went out had a good time the colts won the only prob is when we got home for the first time I have had a hard time stopping drinking. I know I have a prob know I can admit that, Im just scared to stop, usually I can quit I just take my xanax and pass out for a couple days drink lots of fluids and it passes but this time is diffrent. Last night was awful, I would wake up with thoughts I was dieing, sit straight up in bed, cold sweats you name it I had it, I just had to get some beer today try to get through it, this time Im not sure I can get through it on my own, Im going to drink some beer tonight and first thing tomorrow Im going to call for help.....

OVERIT 12-05-2005 05:35 PM

((((Searching))))))))

I know the feelings that you are having. I am the drunk in my family and I am the wife. My husband knows about my problem and hates it. Everday I get up and say "THIS will be the day". But then, the shakes give in and I pick up the beer again. I am currently into one week of meetings, temporary sponsors and a counselor. We are trying to get me into detox. The only thing is, I have no insurance for the first time in 20 years and that makes it very hard without a LOT of cash. BUT, if you do have insurance, please make that call tomorrow. I am currently trying to deal with this myself and taper down. I am scared SHITLE$$ of withdrawals, but it is all I can do for the moment.

Please hang in there and get the help you need. And keep coming back to SR. It is a GREAT place.

Take care of yourself.

We LOVE you

Ang

searching 12-05-2005 05:38 PM

I Know

I dont have any insurance either and that is part of the problem, there isnt much help in this small town I live in so I know where you coming from..

ASH 12-05-2005 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by searching
first thing tomorrow Im going to call for help.....

Really good to see you back Searching and glad to hear you want to get help, I think you will be glad you did
Take Care:)

searching 12-05-2005 05:50 PM

I just hope I can make it through the night..

thats all I have to say....

KelKel 12-05-2005 05:56 PM

Praying :angel2:

OVERIT 12-05-2005 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by searching
thats all I have to say....

YOU CAN!!!! Just stay warm and think good thougts and come back here tomorrow and let us know how you are doing. AND make that call tomorrow.

PLEASE??????

Love and hugs,

Ang

lulu70 12-05-2005 06:37 PM

We're here for you. If you are having trouble, and you can physically do it, you can come here and post away. Sometimes it helps to get the sh!t out of your head.

I'll say and extra prayer for you....

Hugs--

searching 12-05-2005 07:10 PM

Im playing some poker to try to get my head out of it for now, but its not easy...

CarolD 12-05-2005 07:23 PM

There are some personal withdrawal shares for you Searching..

Go to the forum Alcoholism.... the 2nd sticky is...

"Quitting what to expect"

Please check it out...

searching 12-05-2005 08:09 PM

thanks all for the post, the night is just getting ready to start..
wish me luck.

CarolD 12-06-2005 12:56 AM

I hope you are staying in focus.

The good thing is...this can be your final detox.

Little Missy 12-06-2005 04:59 AM

Praying for you!! Make that call today and start your journey to a better life!!