Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

I am so lost....uppers, downers, painkillers, mood stabilizers...HELP!!

Notices

Old 11-30-2005, 06:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am on Wellbutrin SR, 150mg x 2 per day, Abilify 10mg per day, Lithium 900 mg per day, Adderall 40mg per day, Hydroxyzine 50 mg per day, Klonopin 3.0 mg per day, Xanax 2.0 mg per day, and Clonodine 0.1 x 2 per day.....not only this, I have become very much addicted to Vicodin 5/500 for chronic pain because of a disengaged pelvis (after the birth of my third child in 3.5 years...yikes!!)....now taking the vicodin at least 3x daily..ALONG with everything else. I have even resorted to marijiuana (NEVER thought I would go there) to help me sleep at night, since the "downers" don't seem to be helping anymore. I have thought of maybe enrolling in a methadone program, or finding a physician who is licensed to distribute “Buprenorphine”, because the withdrawals off of the vicodin/percs have been excruciating....typical of a heroine addict. I just need someone to correspond with, or talk to....I'm very worried, and I love my kids. I just want to be the best mom I can be, and need some good leads. I do think I am an excellent mother, but I also want to take care of myself as well. Please help.

Liz Angel

PS: And yes, I have consulted my primary care physician who gave me the vicodin/percocet (haven't been able to find my first bottle of those, thank god), who, gave me MORE vicodin to “taper down” with…..I already told them I could get the narcotic from outside sources, but obviously was talking to closed ears. Also, I have consulted with my psychiatric doc...who gave me the clonidine to help "assist" my vicodin cravings. I am at a loss.

[email protected]

on AIM: voodoovampin1971
on MSN messenger: voodoovampin1971
Old 11-30-2005, 06:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((sodeemama))))

Welcome to SR!!! You've come to a great place for support. Many good people on the NA or the substance abuse forums can help you.

Please get to an NA meeting. You'll find the support there to help you get and stay clean. Or if the 12 Steps are not for you, then, try SMART recovery. Don S, here on SR, can fill you in on this.

You CAN do this. And I know you want to. It's possible. Just look at the people here on SR who have made it!

Take this one day at a time. Get the support you need and deserve. You'll make it through one day at a time...

I hope to see you here often as we both grow in our recovery.
Shalom!
Old 11-30-2005, 07:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Welcome to SR Mama. A great place for help and support. Thats a boat load of med's your on! My suggestion to you would be to find a doctor or treatment center that specialize in dual diagnosis, that means a person with mental illness that also has addiction.I think you would find it to be a big help.
Bless you,
Trish
Old 11-30-2005, 07:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel like I'm going to die right now....my withdrawals are driving me mentally and physically into the ground. My three, two, and 4 month old depend on me.....I'm trying so hard. My mother who is only 5 minutes away, won't even come and sit with me for a bit, so I can feel a little support. I just feel very alone, and need someone else's presence to be here with me. My doctor's aren't listening, no one seems to want to take the time out to get involved because of they're own lives. Yet, when they see it convenient, they do reach out, but only when THEY want to. But when I need some support, and it's at a time when they have to "work" the next day, then it's a no go. I wish there was someone to sit with me....
Old 11-30-2005, 07:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Mama

It sounds like you are in a lot of emotional and physical pain. I am sorry to hear that. I know I am not there but would love to sit with you.. If you would like we could go to the chat room and talk one on one if that would help. Just let me know. And by the way welcome to Sober Recovery.

Sherry
Old 11-30-2005, 08:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by sodeemama
I feel like I'm going to die right now....my withdrawals are driving me mentally and physically into the ground. ....
Yep that is what happens but I am also here to tell you that you can do this deal. I am glad that you are here but if you can not help yourself right now you won't have to worry about your kids depending on you. My name is Vic and I am an addict, I am glad to know that today because that means that I can now look for a solution, that is what you are doing right now.

Please give yourself a break, you didn't get here on your best day and it is not going to turn around in a day or two either. I came from a 3,000 dollar a week addiction to nothing, my withdrawl that you are going through happened here at SR and in the rooms of AA and NA. I am grateful today and I know that If a junkie like me can do this YOU can too. If you ever need to talk I have ***** and msn messenger also you can pm me or email me. I am sending good thoughts your way. There is a saying in NA that I had to use for a long time, "You can't save your face and your ass at the same time" Choose to save your ass right now DON'T USE.

Love Vic
Old 11-30-2005, 08:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Originally Posted by sodeemama
But when I need some support, and it's at a time when they have to "work" the next day, then it's a no go. I wish there was someone to sit with me....
Like Teach suggested.....find an NA meeting near you and then get a sponser and get lots of other NA members numbers. If you call them at a time of need I think you'll be surprized how many of them will come running over to sit with you b/c they've been there and they know how badly you need them and it makes them feel good to be able to help someone who was once in their shoes.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I will call that number....I may write back tonight, to see if there is anyone around to talk......thank you so much...I don't feel so alone now.....
Old 12-01-2005, 01:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome....then wow I hope your doctor wasn't medicating you like that while you were pregnant! Also if you are breast feeding your little one will be getting doses of your meds too. If that is the case I'd change doctors fast. I hope you get the help you so obviously need soon. All the above answers I agree with.

tAKE CARE MAMA
Old 12-04-2005, 08:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

I agree with Ms B.....one at a time and very gradually.

I don't know the number for NA (Narcotics Anonomos), but someone here might?