Notices

I think I need a. . .

Old 11-28-2005, 09:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Midas

Thanks Everyone for the hugs & prayers. I suppose today's melancholy was downright manic-depressive. I'm so ready for this day to be over. My eyes are burning and I have no voice left. I don't quite get what that's all about.

I also wish to think my HP!! I didn't pick up a drink or have a cigarette either. Hurray me.

Old 11-29-2005, 12:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hey Midas,

Glad you feeling better. I have put the red dress and the high heels on and am leaning over to give you a peck on the cheek (that should snap you out of it!)

As you said to me; "... don't you dare ...."

Mate take care and lets keep coming back, as Dan said we get a front row seat to the full menu and range of human emotions and they pop up when they pop up

Love Kevin
Old 11-29-2005, 02:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midas
I'm doing a little better, I think. I'm going to watch some crazy shockwave snippets--maybe even play the Happy Tree Friends Shooting Gallery. *snicker*
And take the dang Operation Mindcrime disc out of your CD player man! That sucker is one seriously depressing story!

If you need a QR fix, I'd recommend Best I Can from their Empire disc. It's definately a shot in the arm for me:

Best I Can

I want to be a busy man, I want to see a change in the future
I'm gonna make the best of what I have
I want to write for a magazine, I'm gonna be the best they've ever seen
I know I'll win if I give it all I can

I won't let go, gotta make the grade
No, I won't let it go
To be the best man, the best man that I can

Showed me that my will survived, The tragedy that came into my life
giving me hope and the new start that I have

I won't let go, gotta make the grade
No, I won't let it go

Step by step I dream the plan, From my chair to walking man
This constant dream is on my mind
Chase the light I see ahead, Luminate the path I tread
I live to be the best I can

Now I'm moving forward and I'm never looking back
Straight ahead, focused on the big attack
On a roll and I'm never slowing down
I won't be torn between the man in the chair And the man that's in my dream
I'm going to melt the two men into one

I won't let go, gotta make the grade I set
No, I won't let it go

Hang in there!
Yank
Old 11-29-2005, 10:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Midas

**{Hugs}} Thx Kev. Thx Ms B. Thx Yank. ''Empire'' is a great CD. I used to have it, but not anymore--I vaguely remember stepping on it in the middle of the night...

Yesterday was just plain weird. I think what it amounts to, is the grief I never allowed myself to feel.

Old 11-29-2005, 11:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm right with you today. Shakin' like a leaf today. Feeling weaker than I ever have. Just keep reminding ourselves that it does go away. Hang in there, it will pass. Yeah, I'm saying that as much for myself as I am for you.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:07 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

(((Midas)))
Did all of those hugs work?
Old 11-29-2005, 12:10 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Midas

Welcome Aboard, betreurt! The more we help others get well, the more we help ourselves get well. The shakes go away eventually. Glad you're here!

Thx Hopealways. **{hugs}}

Old 11-29-2005, 01:13 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hope so, its driving me insane.

Hope you are feeling a bit better at this point.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:06 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I also though about it a lot this last weekend, I have found this site and all the good people has helped a great deal. I just keep thinking how good it will be if I can just stay sober. It is like day 10 for me, it is really neat to meet someone I know at the grocery store, and not worry about me smelling like beer, or a policeman smelling it....

Hang in there we are all pulling for you and Castlerock.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:17 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Midas

Another inductee! Welcome Aboard, Zimmer!! Glad you're here. We're always better when we support each other.

Day 10, huh? Right ON! Pretty soon, you'll be able to smell liquor on someone's breath from 15' away upwind. I tell you, it makes me physically ill. That's a good thing. Holiday Season is always rough on folks like us trying to get sober & stay sober. Too much damned partying.

Old 11-29-2005, 05:33 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Unhappy Newcomer

I'm on here not because I'm a recovering addict but because my boyfriend or shall I say ex boyfriend is a recovering drug addict. I am 7mo. pregnant with his son and 3wks.ago this last Sunday he walked out on me. I have 2 children of my own 8yrs. and 3yrs.not his. He has a 5yr. old daughter from his ex wife. His ex wife and family are into drugs heavily and I just found out that his ex wife got out of jail back in October and he has been talking with her everyday without telling me. Well come to find out he has been seeing her with their daughter a lot. He is in the drug court program and is not legally suppose to be in contact except about their daughter but he has lied to me and has been sneaking around behind my back and the drug court program. We were doing fine so I thought until I realized how distant he was and finding all this out after his ex wife got out of jail. He left me for unknown reasons and I am worried that in one way or another he is getting involved with drugs. Not sure if he is back on them or what but his ex's family has a lot to do with him leaving our family. I don't know how to handle this but I do know that I am worried because I am having his child and I still love and care about him. Can someone help me?
Old 11-29-2005, 05:38 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Midas

Welcome to SoberRecovery, Karissa! That sounds like a tough situation. Check out the Family and Friends section for more help.

**{Hugs & prayers}}