SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   New Here (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/77897-new-here.html)

TONYTEXAS 11-23-2005 07:43 PM

New Here

Hi Im New Here Hows Everyone Doing? Im A Opiate/heroin Addict In Semi Recovery. I Was Clean For About 1.5 Years And Then It Started Up Again. I Have Been Taking Pills For A Few Months Just Once A Week And Been Alright I Guess But Not Really. It All Could Slip Away Very Easily. I Have Been Sick For 2 Days Somehow From One Day Of Fun, But I Keep Telling Myself Its Worth It. Im Messed Up. Anyway Greetings

*smiles* 11-23-2005 08:43 PM

Welcome Tony!!! I am not sure what to say but wanted to welcome you to SR.

mParnell 11-23-2005 09:02 PM

Hey Tony,
Sorry I missed you in the meeting room earlier, my chat name is e-detroit.
My wife is a recovering addict of pain meds. I'm still logged in there if you want to b.s.

TONYTEXAS 11-23-2005 09:09 PM

Thanks Friends, Its Hard To Respond To A Post Like My Previous One I Know.

Chy 11-23-2005 09:18 PM

Welcome Tony, we're glad you found us. You'll get a lot of support and gain new friendships here, stick around k? Hang in there!

grasshopperpie 11-23-2005 09:39 PM

Welcome, Tony. I am relatively new here, myself, and am confident you will find both the site and its members welcoming, helpful and full of hope. I know I have. :kitty:

TONYTEXAS 11-23-2005 09:42 PM

Thanks, It Seems Very Nice Here. I Need The Support.

*smiles* 11-23-2005 10:30 PM

Tony just keep coming back. There is a lot of wonderful support here.

BTW I was just wondering are you wanting to quit altogether is that why you found SR?

I look forward to seeing you around...

Anna 11-23-2005 11:10 PM

Hi Tony,

Welcome and I know you'll find lots of encouragement and support around here. I hope you keep posting.

cncinc 11-24-2005 10:46 AM

Newbie needs your help.

I'm new, and learning my way around this site. Read the FAQs, posted to a couple of threads, etc..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Groups, forums, buddies, as I am not a smiley-face, emoticon, avarant find of guy yet.

Thanks,

hopealwayz 11-24-2005 10:51 AM

Hi Tony, stick around and you'll find lots of support here!

TONYTEXAS 11-24-2005 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by *smiles*
Tony just keep coming back. There is a lot of wonderful support here.

BTW I was just wondering are you wanting to quit altogether is that why you found SR?

I look forward to seeing you around...

HELLO EVERYONE THANKS AGAIN FOR THE KIND WELCOMES. I HONESTLY CANT ANSWER THAT QUESTION RIGHT NOW. IF THERE WAS A WAY TO USE AND NOT RUIN YOUR LIFE I WOULD DO IT, BUT THERE ISNT AND I KNOW THAT. THATS PRETTY MUCH WHERE IM AT RIGHT NOW. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!

nogard 11-24-2005 02:15 PM

Hi Tony, Welcome to SR, glad you found us :)

I not only had that thought, but tried everything to see if I could make my addiction and disease fit into a "normal" life, by controlling it, only on weekends, only do it alone..... Suffice to say I ended up completely alone sick and on the way out.

Why not just stick around here and keep reading/posting and talk to a few people about what is going on, go to a few meetings and keep going back.

Kevin