Notices

hydrocodone addition

Old 11-22-2005, 05:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy hydrocodone addition

please can someone help me. i have been taking around 200 to 250 mg of hydro a month for the past 4 years. want to stop. physical symptoms are not as bad a emotional. i also suffer from extreme major depression. and need to know what to do. thank you and God bless
Old 11-22-2005, 06:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Abigail Rose...what a lovely name!

There is help, sweetie. Check the link below and find yourself a meeting. You'll get a lot of suggestions for how to stop and stay stopped, but I can only tell you what worked for me: I went to meetings, I got a sponsor, and I worked the steps. The problem I had trying to do it alone was that I was with my biggest enemy - the disease that had taken up residence in my head. It would tell me whatever I needed to hear that would make using a viable solution to whatever problem - or joy - was in my life.

Let us know how you're doing.

http://www.na.org/links-toc.htm

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 11-22-2005, 02:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Abigail Rose glad you are here at SR.

Sugah had great advise, find a local meeting and start there. Also there are stickys at the begining of each thread. You might check some of those out regarding Narcotics addiction. If you need help finding them please let me or someone else know that we would be happy to point you in the right direction. I hope to see ya around.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Abigail Rose. Glad you're here.

First, I recommend meeting with you Dr. and being honest. They've seen it all, believe me and can help with the withdrawal. Detoxing is not fun, but you can do it. It will feel like you have a bad flu for 5 days or so.

Meetings are really important. At NA and AA you will find support from people who have been there and the tools to help you learn how to live life clean and sober.

There is hope. There is a solution. We do recover. You don't have to live like this any more.