Notices

Going to rehab

Old 11-23-2005, 11:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
ASH

Daddysgirl, what a great step, you are implementing changes that will make such a difference for your today and for your future.
You know your seat is here at SR no matter what, so many of your posts helped me and I know others.
Take it easy until Monday and before we know it we will have you back here with us at SR.
YOU are making good choices, good things are coming your way:sunani
Old 11-27-2005, 12:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thumbs up A positive send-off!

Daddysgirl,

Well, tomorrow is the big day! Here's wishing you a very beneficial time. We'll be thinking of you.

jane
Old 11-27-2005, 03:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good for YOU!!!! It ALREADY feels good doesnt it? It feels good to know that you are now on the right track. See? It doesnt take months or years to begin to feel the benefits from recovery. When I first thought of getting sober, that was the biggest wall in front of me. I kept thinking that I'd be absolutely miserable for months and months or years and years. But once I made that phone call, I immediately felt better. Not so ALONE anymore. Its like when an overweight person begins to see those first initial pounds come off,...they workout even harder and are thrilled with their progress. Its alot like that. A new, wonderful life is out there waiting for you. Hats off to you for grabbing at it. As far as the treatment center goes,....I went to one, but, I stayed there for a month. You said you will only be residing there for 5 days, right? Well, you probably wont be able to call home in those 5 days. The one I went to would only allow one call per week. Although they let patients they were friendly with break those rules....(me )....but you are going to just detox. But are you drinking right now still? Because Im just curious on why, if you had these 4 or 5 past days until you got in, would you need detox still? For instance, I called and the detox place had told me that they couldnt get me in for a week and a half. I managed to stay sober for that week and a half and when I went in and they found that out, they said I obviously didnt need to detox so they started me in with the classes and meetings and everything right away. The detox period is just to get you through the withdrawals.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:03 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

daddysgirl,

Tuesday, day 2 of your rehab, and we're thinking of you! Blessings...
Old 12-02-2005, 01:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

daddysgirl,

I can't wait to hear how it went --hope you've had a good 5 days.

jane
Old 12-02-2005, 03:26 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
I bite.

Agreed.

BUMPS!!