Notices

Im new here

Old 11-14-2005, 09:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im new here

This is my first time to this site and I just wanted to say hi........
Old 11-14-2005, 09:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
In Paradise!

Original post by *Smiles*
I kind of have a problem right now and am at a loss. I came up here to visit my friend and have been going to meetings to try and stay sober. Well I have court tomorrow where I live and I called I cannot re-schedule so if I don't go they will put out a bench warrant for me. My friend here is angry with me because I want to go home and take care of this. She cannot stay there with me so I will have to stay at home which is not a good place for me. I was going to stay here with my friend for my first 90 days sober since I messed up last Tuesday and want to stay sober. I feel I have to go to court and she thinks I should just not go because it isn't putting my recovery first. I am so torn and just don't know what to do. I just can't miss court I am scared to death to have a warrant for my arrest. That is something I would do when drinking (skip court). I don't want to sober.

What do you think?
Is this the thread you are talking about?

If she has court, she has court, if doesnt go she will get a bench warrant then jail will be next. Recovery should be first in a personal level but if you have a court obligation she needs to be there. Part of recovery is being responsible, the court doesnt care.

I am going to guess you are new to recovery and just want to share the awesome gift of recovery? Dont take offence soberodat, The big book talks about this, read it. Smiles might not be ready for your counsel just yet. I am sure your intentions are good, you might not get another chance as a "close" friend if you persist.

Relax, having FAITH is the key to recovery. So have faith here!

Peace to both of you!

~GB

Hmm, you changed your thread completely. Oh well here it is anyways! You know what it said orginally...
Old 11-14-2005, 10:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Welcome to SR

Reading from greenbug's post... Doing what is right, is part of our recovery.
Showing up would be part of putting recovery first.

Stay strong and work the steps a moment at a time if need be. Deal with what needs be delt with and then return to your 90 day plan, as you see fit.

Least that is how I would look at it.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey soberodat-
Don't skip court! I know about this subject, and it will get worse and worse.... I've skipped out on court a couple times (directly related to drinking), and I almost wound up in prison. Take care of your legal issues, and stay away from that first drink....Deal with the court thing, because it will consume you if you let it get out of hand.
chip
Old 11-14-2005, 10:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
In Paradise!

Soberodat's orginal post was saying that she is the friend in *smiles* post. That her side should be heard also. That she is a good friend and would do anything to help *smiles*. That "we" had said she wasnt a good friend.

Getting a new lease on life is awesome, wanting to share that with someone who might also need help is very compelling but not always the right thing to do. I thought the program was so great I tried to recruit people who arent even addicts or alcoholics. That is what struck me from the post.

Sorry the post is gone, Soberodat must have reconsidered.

Peace-ful
~GB

This is the other post.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ase-77020.html
Old 11-15-2005, 03:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome and Hello!

Blessings...