Notices

Hi everyone!

Old 11-14-2005, 03:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Hi everyone!

Hi there everyone, I just want to introduce myself. I am attempting once again to begin my recovery, midnight tonight is my new clean and sober date....also I am quitting cigarettes at midnight too. I'm a single 37 year old mom, I have used and abused alcohol and drugs since the age of fourteen. I have at times, been able to manage up to 2 1/2 years clean and sober, but it looks like I'm back to the beginning once again. I'm not beating myself up for it, I'm excited to be starting my life again. My doc is/was coke, but if that wasn't available, pretty much anything would do. A garbagehead! lol. I have been lurking and reading for the past couple of months, thought it was time to join! I'd like to remember the rest of my life
Old 11-14-2005, 03:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ethereal girl
I'd like to remember the rest of my life
Oh yeah! Definitely. There are a million benefits to being sober, that is one of them for sure.

You say you've had long periods of sobriety before? That's great because you KNOW it can be done. What did you do then and what is you plan for getting and staying sober now?

I found recovery in the rooms of AA. I go to meetings, work the steps and surround myself with sober people. That keeps me in the solution 24 hours at a time.

Welcome to SR, etheral girl. Glad you're here.

Hugs,

phinny
Old 11-14-2005, 03:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I originally sobered up at the age of 26 I did a 28 day program at Hazelden and I totally just 'got it'. I got out, went to NA for a year, picked up that 1 year keytag, got busy, I started college, worked, did the whole domestic goddess routine and didn't make my recovery the priority. Then, when I was really stressed about breaking up with my fiancee, etc....I found myself having that one free shift drink after work, started hanging back with my dearest gf (also addict/alkie)and well, in a short time I was worse than when I left off before. Stuggled for awhile, made several other attempts (inpatient and meetings) gave up for awile and went to live the life of an addict NOT trying to recover. I'm sick of that hell. I'm going to hit a meeting Wednesday night, and start going back to church. Also, I'll utilize the good 'ol net and SR for support. So glad I found this site!
Old 11-14-2005, 03:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

You Go

Girl!
I am glad to see you here and so very positive!

Blessings...
Old 11-16-2005, 12:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i'm a 36 yr old single mother;alcoholic....if you wanna talk [email protected]
Old 11-16-2005, 12:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Midas

Welcome Aboard, ethereal girl!