Notices

YES! It does get better

Old 11-02-2005, 01:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

YES! It does get better

I am so truly blessed to be clean and sober today. I got some leaves raked up, and was still feeling a little down about recently having been let go at my temp job, due to a production slowdown....was just sitting at the computer when lo and behold the phone rings. Well, I didn't recognize the number and it was the owner of a place I had applied at about 2 1/2 weeks ago...hoping to pick up a second job for extra money so we can move out of here quicker, and of course for the holidays. At any rate, he offered me a 4 day a week position and I start at 8AM tomorrow! I'm thrilled. I had called to check on this last week and had written it off because he said he would make his decision the next day and I hadn't heard back. I guess I'll take this to mean that I'm not supposed to be working 2 jobs this early in recovery so as not to get burned out, or maybe so I don't have too much money to spare. Either way, I just wanted to share my good news with somebody, and if I would have been high or drunk when the phone rang, well, I'm sure that I would NOT have been offered the job. Heck, I doubt if I would've even answered the phone! Good things happen when we are clean! Life is still good. It'll never be perfect, but it is good when we do the right thing even when noone is watching!
~Melanie~
Old 11-02-2005, 01:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Melanie,
Congrats on the new opportunity. Everything works out exactly as it is supposed to and that is amazing that you are getting this new chance to show them what you got.
I'm so happy for you!
Old 11-02-2005, 01:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!! That is wonderful. I can't tell you how many times I've answered the phone drunk as a skunk...everytime I think about it, it makes me cringe!! Anyway, it's amazing how things workout! Have a SUPER first day of work, I'll be on day four of sobriety and entering treatment tomorrow so I guess we'll both be a little nervous to start something new....
Old 11-02-2005, 01:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, Angel hugs ! I am so excited!
Old 11-02-2005, 01:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Joelby! Treatment is such a tremendous opportunity to work on you and you alone with no distractions. That in itself is a blessing. Not many adults get a "vacation" time like that. Not that its a vacation, there is hard work to do, but it is so beneficial and the results of it you will be able to carry with you for the rest of your life! That is probably the best decision you can make for yourself! You are so worth your recovery! Get the most out of your treatment and don't get sidetracked getting caught up with the little 'internal dramas' that go on there. Keep you focus on yourself and you'll be just fine!
~Melanie~
Old 11-02-2005, 02:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congradulations Melanie.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

and if I would have been high or drunk when the phone rang, well, I'm sure that I would NOT have been offered the job. Heck, I doubt if I would've even answered the phone!
The story of my life!

This is great news and thank you for sharing it with us. Recovery really does make a difference, doesn't it?