Notices

Nutrition and Alcohol??? Relation...

Old 10-31-2005, 02:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nutrition and Alcohol??? Relation...

I, about to embark on another detox period, pulled out my tool that helps me with the physical aspect and makes it easier to cleanse my body and pull through withdrawal............
Potatoes not Prozac, by Kathleen DesMaisons--my reccomendation to anyone that either chooses alcohol or food as their drug of choice. It will paint a clear picture, its not a diet book or a 1,2,3 step now your clean book.

Has anyone read it??

It really does help, I am just relapsing because I am not working my *life* side of recovery......in other words I forget about me and what really matters to me in life, what I want out of it, and who I want to be, a good person. But that requires some work that I am still trying to organize.

Anyone have any good suggestions on how to work on the spiritual, daily life part of our lives?? The stages in recovery where we really need to invest time into who we are, the stage around 60 days where you are free from the substance, but lost in every other way POSSIBLE?

Thanks, love and peace B

Tomorrow, all souls day...is day number 1 for me again. I will not give up until I dont have to anymore. Whos with me ?!
Old 10-31-2005, 02:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I FOUND THIS IN A REALLY GOOD THREAD EARLIER, AND THIS IS WHAT I REALLY NEED TO WORK ON. IT ALSO SPOKE ABOUT HAVING GOALS AND CHANGING YOUR LIFE, OR RELAPSE WILL SURELYCREPE BACK IN IF WE CONTINUE LIVING THE SAME WAY WE WERE. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY GOOD READ MATERIAL, SITES, THAT OTHERS HAVE WRITTEN ABOUT, AND WHAT THEY HAVE DONE AND CHANGED??

Recovery is a process of growth that takes time. Going from stabilization to maintenance may require three to fifteen years, depending upon how sick you were when you started to recover, how hard and consistently you worked at your recovery plans, and the type of help you received from others.

No program or book contains a magic formula. They simply describes many things that people who have successfully recovered from chemical dependency have done. By understanding what others have done, it becomes possible to follow the advice often heard at AA meetings: “If you want what we got, do what we did.” Please accept our descriptions in the spirit that they are offered. It is my intent to share the courage, strength, and hope of hundreds of recovering alcoholics.