Notices

I need some help, please

Old 10-23-2005, 08:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need some help, please

i have been getting drunk for a long time now. Lately I do it once a week on saturdays when my kids are with their dad. I have several reasons to quit, I have injured myself by falling down, cutting my arm with a razor, breaking a tooth, having sex with random men, etc. I am afraid that if I dont stop I will kill myself or someone else. Please help me, I really have to stop this weekly binge.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Welcome to SR

Good news... You can stop with the right tools.
Desire, commitment, support, and the wisdom that those of us that have stopped have used and found works.

What many have found works the best... AA meetings. At meetings you will find the support, info, and wisdom that has worked for so many others.
Look in your yellowpages and you can find your local meetings.

Look about here and read as well. There are posts at the top of the different boards that say sticky beside them. You will find much info on them as well.

You can do it and you don't need do it alone. Support is available all around.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi and

Welcome to SR!

Yes...you are doing risky actions when drinking.
I once did the same....and more often than you.

I use AA to keep sober...a desire to quit drinking is the only thing you need to get our help.

SR has lots of info and support...ask questions...read our post.

I am so glad you are seeking a sober life...Blessings
Old 10-23-2005, 08:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad that you found us.
AA meetings are great.
It is good that you are reaching out.
We are here to help!
Old 10-24-2005, 03:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi need2bclean, welcome to SoberRecovery, this is a good place to start you on your way to sobriety and out of harms way.

Wishing you all the best on your new safer journey, gotta take care of yourself girl, it will get worse the longer you continue. Please do whatever it takes to keep yourself sober AA is a good start as suggested here.

Hugs....Denise
Old 10-24-2005, 07:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much for your replies. It means a lot. I am having a lot of anxiety lately. I have been really depending on Ativan to get me out of these panic attacks. I will try an AA meeting, perhaps this morning before school.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Welcome to SR and we are really glad that you are here. For me I just like to take this one day at a time and sometimes I even have to break it down to just a heart beat at a time but I have been doing this for 205 days now just one day, or one heart beat at a time. I am glad that you are here and you can do this also. If you go to AA they will say you only need to do 5 things don't drink or use, go to meetings, get and use a sponsor, work the steps, and read the liturature. I asked my sponsor what do you want me to do and he told me to read the first 164 in the Big Book of Alcoholic Ann. when I go done I was proud of myself cause I had done it in like 11 days. I went back to him and asked him what I needed to do now and he said RE-READ IT...
Keep coming back glad that you are here and if a junkie like me can do this I know that you can too....

Love Vic
Old 10-24-2005, 08:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

need2bclean.......WELCOME!!

Your story sounds a lot like mine. I too usually only drank when my children were with their father. I too was taking part in risky behavior.....I disgusted myself!!

On October 7th, while dealing with a wicked hangover, I started reading things in the Alcoholism and Alcoholics Anonymous forums. I started to ask questions. I got feedback, support and most amazingly.......caring friendship from total strangers. I will be sober for 18 days when today is over and SR has SOOOO much to do with that.

Just keep coming back and check out AA. I have been attending meetings and I am amazed at how there is always at least ONE thing said that I find myself shaking my head "yes" to at EVERY meeting. I was nervous as hell when I first went and it wasn't until about 2 weeks into AA that I felt completely comfortable. Now, I look forward to the meetings......I look forward to the fellowship, friendship and unconditional love.

You are on the right path. Stay on it and good things will happen.

Welcome again!!
Old 10-24-2005, 09:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, you have came to the right place to get started stick with it and you will succed. Their are a lot of great people here that are willing to help. This isn't going to be easy but if you are willing and patent you will do this.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
ASH

Hi Need, welcome to SR, there is lots of information and support here.
Keep coming and keep posting, and hope you found a meeting today for some local support