Notices

here, i am

Old 10-21-2005, 10:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

here, i am

i am here, and i am not sober. i want to be. but can i? i don't know. do you know? of course you cannot know for me. i know that i found this place. i know that i want and need help but dont know where to start. i am a smoker, a drinker, an occasional pot user, a diet pill-oholic, and a caffeinomatic. if it can be additive i like it and if it can let me down, i hate it and my self. i have been a visitor and i know there is no talk of 'offing oneself" that doesn't mean it doesn't cross my mind. though that is not an option for me, i have people that need and love me though i do not love myself. so, where do i go from here? do not say AA. i am not ready for face to face meetings yet. nope, not yet. npt even close. this is a huge step for me and those computer gurus who can figure out who and where i am, i am not worth their time, that is why i am online and not in person.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i'll keep gambling online til someone responds
Old 10-21-2005, 10:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Gobble, Gobble

Hello!

Hi there, I just wanted to welcome you to SR and say that there's a lot of awesome people with a lot of knowledge you might find useful. I am not one of the knowledgeable ones here though I am fairly new and only 5 wks sober myself.

Just hang around, check back tomorrow or even Monday. There's some people that hang out here on the weekends but not as many as on the weekdays.

You're here, your moving in the right direction.
Again, welcome!!
Old 10-22-2005, 05:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome and Hello!

Yes...I used to be addicted to more! More of anything that felt good.

However...I noticed that I was no longer having fun.
All the more's were not working.
I disliked myself and wanted to change.

That is when I started AA recovery.
Alcohol was my main drug. so AA is my choice.

Keep in touch...ask questions if you like...how can we help you?
Old 10-22-2005, 05:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Starting Over

Welcome

Hi. Glad you are here. I started here about a month ago. I'm finally 30 days sober and feeling wonderful. I, like you ,didn't really know where to turn. I was addicted to alcohol and cocaine. I pretty much had my drug addiction under control by the time I found this place, but I was just realizing that alcohol was my gateway and I had to get that addiction under control also in order to stay away from the drugs.

I found so much support and helpful information here. People going through the same things as me or who had already been there and knew what I was dealing with. You've admitted you have a problem and that is the first thing you have to do. From there it gets easier as time pass's. It just takes time. I know what helped me the most was being around people in my life that were sober also. Changing my behavior so that I wasn't around the people or places where the substance's were available to me. Staying away from temptation.

I never joined a group. I did find a personal counselor that I still go too. That was easier for me because I was dealing one on one with a person and not a whole group of people. I found one that has dealt with addiction and she has helped me so much. I'm on the right track now and I'm doing great and you can do the same thing. If a group isn't right for you-then maybe you can find someone else to talk to like I did. Just hang in there and start doing the right things. Once you do everything will start to make sense and everything with fall into place. Welcome once again. Running
Old 10-22-2005, 08:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am here too and not sober either. I m trying to find answers and get help online. I am too afraid of the one on one confrontation.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! I am glad that you found us here. This is a great place with lots of undertstanding people. Some days it is slower on here but don't worry, everyone pops in at different times during the day.
Stick around-- you can have a better life if you put the work in to get it!!

Hugs--
Old 10-22-2005, 11:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
In Paradise!

You ask for some direction, then you say "but dont tell me **"

OK, keep doing what your doing, things should change having you tried moving, or maybe on taking different days off, maybe Friday is just not your day. It could a friend that is influencing you. If only you had different friends? Damn them!

Stick around, I am sure there are other people who will coddle you and tell you BS you want to hear.

If you want help or advice, try not to tell anyone your guild lines for the help you recieve. Get it all - then decide. You have something specific in mind, not sure what it is but its not help.

My 2 cents stop doing whatever is causing whatever is the problem. Easy enough? Well....
Old 10-22-2005, 05:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ASH

Hi Witch,
Glad you had the courage to join SR, it you say for awhile you will get lots of support and information from people who are and have been where you are.
I was sitting on fence a few weeks ago myself debating about even logging onto this site, hiding out in my house scared and lonely.
I am now climbing out of "my alcohol pit of despair" and this site helped me soooo much.
Keep coming back here, it gets better and better, one sober day at a time.
TAKE CARE