Notices

Homeless daughter

Old 10-21-2005, 04:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Homeless daughter

I am codependant with my 28 yr old daughter. don't know if she is clean or not. She is homeless and jobless and has been for over two years with her husband. She just went through detox again a couple of weeks ago. Now she's calling for money, help to stay at a camp ground, etc.... I said I can't help. She is sounding more frantic. It's hard but I know I need to say no. We are raising her two small children. They are our main focus but I feel very sad about her.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Wit's End, I am also the mother of an addict and I know how hard this is for you. The sad thing is, we know why she wants money and nothing we can do to help will make any difference. Only they can make the decision to stop and they won't do that until the pain of using becomes greater than the fear of stopping.

Your grandchildren are very lucky to have someone like you to love them and care for them. It's so sad that the children are the innocents in all this mess.

There are many moms like us a few forums down on Nar-Anon. I hope you'll come introduce yourself there because I know the others would be happy to meet you and welcome you for themselves.

You are no longer alone, we're here and we care.

Hugs
Ann
Old 10-21-2005, 04:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Hi wits end!! Welcome to SR!! Lots of support here. Sorry to hear about your daughters situation. You are going the right thing, stay focused on those kids!!

We have a friends and family section that you may want to check out. Lots of people that will understand what you are going through!!

Welcome, I'm glad you found us!!
Missy
Old 10-22-2005, 01:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

It is very sad and I just want to tell you that your daughter is very lucky to have a mother like you..and your grandkids....you are doing the best thing you can do which is be there for the kids and I just honor you for doing so!!! It is so hard ..all you can do is LOVE her no matter what and allow yourself to feel sad,,its OK ..hope you will go to the suggested site..you sound like a very loving mother and I send you and your family my prayers//love in recov northbelle