Notices

Back again today

Old 10-21-2005, 09:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Back again today

Hello. I am back again today. Looking around and reading posts. It is nice to know that I am not alone in my struggles. I am really sober since Wednesday, meaning no beer or anything. Sometimes I justify 2 or 3 maybe 4 and that not really drinking because I didn't get a buzz. I am angry with the entire world and I don't know why. I know my family loves me, I'm not sure how they are standing me though. I rant and rave over nothing. Storm around the house finding the tiniest little faults, yelling, bitching and complaining. What is wrong with me? I feel so alone and scared. I don't want to be alone. Well, I contradicted myself huh? Saying it was nice not to be alone then saying how alone I feel? Well, the truth is I do feel alone, very alone.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi welcome.....

are you a female? 45 or older? I'm sorry to get personal....but boy kinda sounds like menopause to me......or is it only when you aren't drinking that you get that way?

hang in there on the no drinking plan....that never helps anything.

keep reading and posting....you never know when you'll read something that is exactly what you need. I'm sorry I'm not more help....but someone will be along to be more helpful.

mari
Old 10-21-2005, 10:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am 42 and male. Yes, I feel this way whenver I stop drinking and that is why I start again, I can't get past this stage. Drinking doesn't make it better, but it does make me numb. Responding is a great help, thanks and I hope you have a good day.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

ok then. I think we can rule out menopause as a reason for the ranting and raving!

besides being here - please seek some help maybe AA. the more you learn the more power you will have to change.

I'll be as much support as I can be...I haven't "been there" but I do like to encourage anyone I can.....

hang in there....it'll get better...mari
Old 10-21-2005, 01:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi again...

Have you read post in our forum Alcoholism?

The top sticky is especially interesting to those wanting to quit drinking.

Not all of our shares will apply to you but I bet some will,

We do understand because many of us have gone thru exactly the same thing. You are not alone....we care.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi and welcome to Sober Recovery
Old 10-21-2005, 03:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ASH

Hi dhmdog, welcome to SR your in the right place!
I felt less alone and crazy when I found this place and could relate to many others struggling with the same problem as I.
Check out an AA meeting in your area when your ready.
Keep coming back to SR there is lots of information and support here
Old 10-21-2005, 05:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi dhmdog welcome to SoberRecovery.

Wishing you all the best, it will get easier, you just need to jump a little higher to get over those hurdles, it's worth it, the more knowledge the better plus patience patience and the willingness to do whatever it takes to stay sober. You already got wonderful advice, the gang here are the best.

Yep you're not alone, we chose to be that way and there's no need for it.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Old 10-21-2005, 09:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thanks. i need all the help i can get
Old 10-21-2005, 09:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You have found a great plae for help and support. SR is filled with the most caring and understand people ! We all form a big loving circle and are there in the good and bad times. It is something special about knowing that you never have to be alone again.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

thanks

thank you all for replying. i thought no one cared after reading all the posts with so many responses. i am not sure i am ready to go face to face with people in my community at a "real' aa meeting, but i do thank you all for encouraging me to and for thinking i can. if i do it means it's real. a real problem i have. i'm not sure i can admit that yet
Old 10-21-2005, 09:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Don't worry about facing everyone at an AA meeting in your community. After all....why are they all there?

I had to go through that, too....Just do it. No one will fault you for saving yourself.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Dog, real AA meetings are where you can find real live people that can show you in person what they do on a daily basis to live happy and productive lives without drinking. When you get to an AA group get your self a copy of the Big Book and start reading it. Try going to several diffrent groups till you find one that has what you want. you will know it when you see it. After you find a group look for the man in the group who has what you want and ask him to be your sponsor. Make sure he has worked all 12 steps in order and has a sponsor himself. Start going thru the steps in order with your sponsors help. Slowly but surely you will start to feel comfortable in your own skin. Thats what works for me.
Originally Posted by dhmdog
thank you all for replying. i thought no one cared after reading all the posts with so many responses. i am not sure i am ready to go face to face with people in my community at a "real' aa meeting, but i do thank you all for encouraging me to and for thinking i can. if i do it means it's real. a real problem i have. i'm not sure i can admit that yet
Old 10-22-2005, 02:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

dhm...this "thing"...addiction...is the most alone feeling there is...but it's just our perception...you, me, all of us...aren't really alone despite how we feel. We have people...friends...all around that keep us from being alone if we just look and SEE them. The others here at SR...folks in AA groups all over the place...and, at least for me, a loving and caring God who holds my hand ALWAYS if I just hold out my hand and ask.

Hang in there guy. Things can and will get better if you just learn the tools and use them.

BubbaBob
Old 10-22-2005, 04:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Good Morning dhmdog!! Welcome to SR!! As you can see everyone comes together to help each other!!

I also go to AA. It has changed my life in many wonderful ways!! There are other recovery programs out there. Just stick with it and find what's right for you.

I actually went to the library and got a copy of the Big Book!! Started reading it and with the support of others here at SR was able to find the courage to attend a meeting.

When I stopped drinking, I felt lost and alone. Like I lost my best friend. Didn't know how to do anything without drinking!! How was I going to make it through the day!?!

At AA, you will learn how to handle life without drinking!! Now I have so much to do and I'm so happy, I wouldn't want to drink!!

Best of luck to you!! Keep posting!!
Missy
Old 10-22-2005, 04:53 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Oh yeah I forgot!! LOL About the menopause thing!!
Old 10-22-2005, 04:56 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good Morning...

please check your PM....thanks for asking!
Let me know if you need anything else.

Let's make today a sober one! Blessings...
Old 10-22-2005, 08:00 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I justify 3 or 4 beers cause I dont get a buzz either. I find myself alone alot and even with friends I find myself zoned out and not really listening cause I am figuring out if I should have another beer, or play games like "i'll get another one in 15 minutes" to make myself wait.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:49 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Here I Am Again, That Must Mean Something Eh?