Notices

on the edge

Old 10-04-2005, 12:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Think Happy Thoughts

on the edge

Hi SR.:hello2 Ive been dealing with school lately and im getting to the point where i get tired and lazy and things start to get hard. In the past this is where i used the excuse that i needed to do coke or meth so that i could concentrate in class. i know that its not the answer and ive been trying my best to stay strong and study and ask for help but at this point i just wish that i didnt have to go back and get my diploma. i mean i dropped out for a reason...because i couldnt handle school. im a straight A student at this point and im a very smart person but now that i actually have an A in school i dont want it to go down and it is. im behind on my work and although the teacher knows that im trying and im still passing with a B im annoyed at myself. I just wish that i could hurry up and finish school. I only need 2 math classes and 2 science classes to graduate and get my diploma. It seems so easy but it feels like its gunna take me forever and sometimes i think if i could just slam some dope before class and before i study everyday until i graduate and then ill quit when i get my diploma. i need some tips. i feel a little afraid that i may relapse if i get frustrated enough or if i ever see a C. Does anyone know any good tips on school. Specifically math? i feel like... and its driving me crazy!!!!
Old 10-04-2005, 01:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Peace begins with a smile

Are you going this alone?

I mean do you have any support outside of SR?

Hang in there...this will pass.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

sometimes i think if i could just slam some dope before class and before i study everyday until i graduate and then ill quit when i get my diploma.
Hey Tink...

Yes you might be able to slam dope and get through your classes and get your diploma, but by then you're addicted to the sh*t and what good does a diploma do you then?

Christina
Old 10-04-2005, 01:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Think Happy Thoughts

I do have other things besides SR. like my family and i have talked to them so theyre gunna be looking out for me. Your right Christina, a diploma wont do me much good if im addicted again. and i try and keep that in mind...but sometimes it isint enough. see, i dont really care much for school. im trying to get my diploma so my family will be happy, its the only thing that they want form me. i think thats why i get so frustrated when it gets hard...because im not doing it for myself, im doing it for them.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ASH

Hi Tink,
There are lots of good reasons for going to school like love of learning, self improvement, self esteem, personal growth, the diploma, or the basics of just getting a job. None of these could possible be served by using. You will feel bad about yourself and surely wont be able to deal with job and life situations unless you get rid of the "stuff".
I, like you, did not really enjoy my school experience because I was absolutely frantic if I wasn't perfect, i.e. got the A. Maybe you could look at why you cant relax a bit and get the B that most of the others in the class would be thrilled with?
Slow down, take a breath and take care of yourself, whatever it takes.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i think thats why i get so frustrated when it gets hard...because im not doing it for myself, im doing it for them.
Believe it or not, you're really doing it for yourself Tink. You might think it's your parents, but it's the best friend inside yourself (or angel, or spirit, or conscience..whatever you want to call it), it's that person who you're doing it for...because in the end, your life is going to be soooooo much better for completing your school.

Believe me, you will kick your own a$$ so much when your 30, 40, whatever and you didn't finish school. You will wish so much that someone had pushed you to do it. We all wish our parents pushed us harder when it came to school.

Unless maybe you're Ice Cube or Snoop Dog, some millionaire who managed to make serious bank without having any education (but I bet if you asked them today, they'd say they wished they'd gone further in school).

You only have a couple of classes. Make yourself finish it. It's not that much more work and your earning potential is going to increase exponentially because of finishing school. Don't you want a nice life, a nice house, nice things to own?

You can't get there without an education. There's no free ride in life. Forget about the lottery and forget about being a relative of Snoop Dog. Do the work Tink. That's called living life correctly.

I promise you, you will be so grateful and happy and proud of yourself for doing it.

And do it sober. That's the only way you can say you really "earned it".

Hugs,

Christina
Old 10-04-2005, 02:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Think Happy Thoughts

thanks guy.
There's no free ride in life

thanks christina and i do know that deep down i want my diploma. i did dope all the way through high school and i think the experience of going through school sober is a bit scary to me and the fact that i feel like im going to fail... i wrote that first thread in my school library after i took a test in class. now that im home i feel a little better. at first school seemed so easy because ive taken this math class 3 other times and failed but i remembered how to do it. now that its getting harder im having some trouble and everytime things got hard id shoot up meth to help me "power study" well that was my excuse, but i ended up failing anyway...so drugs isint gunna help me now. does anyone have any study tips? something i could do to help me learn and concentrate. i also take non addictive medication for adhd, its supposed to help and it kinda does but i could use any suggestions anyone can give me.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Hey Honey how are you doing I am glad that I seen this OMG I am going to share what I told my son one time OK, and this is what I would tell you also. One time my son called me cause not since the divorce he lives with the mother of my children anyway he called and said "Dad you are going to be mad at me" I said why son and he said that he got 4 F's. Now before I would have been so mad that he would have been grounded for a month and more but this time I said son that is OK, you are right where you are suppose to be and remember F stands for failure and if you turn that inside out you will have success. Well he is doing great now in school, I suppose the point of this is, give yourself a break and remember that it will be OK.

Love Vic
Old 10-06-2005, 01:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Chy

Hey tink,
I'm a high school math teacher and I KNOW how hard it can be. You see I didn't go back to school until I was 30! Now that is fricken hard! I'm now back in grad school working on my masters and ya know what, it doesn't get easier. What I CAN tell you, don't give up, don't quit, get it over with no matter how hard it is now. Doing it in your 30's and 40's is a helluva lot worse, I PROMISE YOU!!

PM me if you need some math tutoring