Notices

I feel like I'm slowly dyin'

Old 09-29-2005, 12:58 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Good for you, Stef! Once that awful booze gets out of our systems...well it's amazing and wonderful how us flawed human beings can be REMARKABLY resilient!!!!

And you know, don't knock old Scarlett O Hara either, tomorrow IS another day, and you know what there's nothing wrong with not burdening yhourself...my advice, what works for me, pray about it - whether to GOD or the wind, or whatever you have in your life which is bigger than you, and that does help.

Lots of love Stef

Cathy31
x
Old 09-29-2005, 01:07 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
alconaut

Originally Posted by ARIES
Yeah and I'm a babe between the concrete and the cars
That's funny, and much how I felt before I quit. I also felt like I was slowly dyin'. A babe between the concrete and the cars, huh? Sounds like something Dylan would say. I love Bob Dylan, BTW. Unfortunately though, I associate a lot of his music with alcohol, because I would listen to him for hours on end while in a drunken stupor, crying my eyes out. I won't be listening to him until I'm fairly confident with my sobriety. I guess that's one way to tell that my legs are still wobbly.

Now you ask me something ...well...I don't think you can call yourself sober after a day...But rather dry....You're funny autumn :lol ....Thanks and love from Stefanie
Just not sure if you plan to drink again, is all I meant. If I planned to drink tomorrow, I would only consider myself dry for the moment. I think that with the word "sober" comes committment to not drink again. I don't see the difference between abstinence and sobriety, lol. Still stumped on that one. And I don't think that abstinent means the same thing as dry. What do you think?
Old 09-29-2005, 01:42 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
alconaut

Originally Posted by Cathy31
And you know, don't knock old Scarlett O Hara either, tomorrow IS another day....
I hear ya Cathy. Tomorrow is another day (when it isn't used as a form of procrastination). Of course, Scarlett's use of the line wasn't used in as dire of circumstances as Stefanie's.

GWTW is my favorite movie, and Scarlett one of my biggest heroines. Though she used some dubious tactics for her day, she didn't mind some old fashioned elbow grease of her own either.

My fiance can't stand her. He calls her a "****" and it infuriates me. I say, "Well, she never slept with a man she didn't marry first." Hmmph. That's hardly a ****!

Old 09-29-2005, 02:02 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
alconaut

Not sure if you have left the building, Stef, but good luck staying alcohol-free for day 2.

You can pm me if you need to.

Old 09-29-2005, 02:48 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Steph,
You are not dying (in my opinion) you are starting to wake!!!!!! up agiain, I am very happy for you.

indie câlins la fille
Old 09-29-2005, 03:10 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

The onlu failure is to quit trying.

Blessings Stef....
Old 09-30-2005, 01:26 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

hi Autumn!
Me too!! One of my favourtie movies and books, and Scarlett totally one of my all time heroines - my husband also can't relate...just like he did not see much good in Princess Diana, I thought she was wonderful, so what if a bit flawed like all of us!

Stef, how are you doing!! thinking of you

love
cath
x
Old 10-01-2005, 10:47 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Paused

(((Stefanie)))

I'm sorry you were verbally attacked and didn't receive the support you were looking for. Hmmmm...giving advice can be a tricky thing. Especially when we are still being hung out to dry. ES&H speaks for itself. Move forward...you know what needs to be done. Don't drink. Do whatever it takes to not drink. Why keep heading into a downward spiral? You don't really want that. Keep coming back and find your footing. And for goodness sakes girl...haha...how do you keep losing your shoes? I won't even mention the keys...
Old 10-02-2005, 04:25 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Originally Posted by 2dayzmuse
(((Stefanie)))

I'm sorry you were verbally attacked and didn't receive the support you were looking for. Hmmmm...giving advice can be a tricky thing. Especially when we are still being hung out to dry. ES&H speaks for itself. Move forward...you know what needs to be done. Don't drink. Do whatever it takes to not drink. Why keep heading into a downward spiral? You don't really want that. Keep coming back and find your footing. And for goodness sakes girl...haha...how do you keep losing your shoes? I won't even mention the keys...

Thanks 2 daymuze

Yeah I'm workin it (4 days sober)
How I kept losing my shoes and keys and some other things
Well blacking out...I always black out

:hugehug
Old 10-02-2005, 04:53 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Stef, wow that's great!!! 4 days, you must be starting to feel good, yes? Try stay in the moment, I know you have lots of hard stuff going on, but you will be looked after, just keep away from that first one. It is an horriffic downward, you're preciou7s you don't need to go there.
I'd say Belgium is very beautiful now at this time of the year?
Love
Cath
Old 10-02-2005, 11:48 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Originally Posted by Cathy31
Stef, wow that's great!!! 4 days, you must be starting to feel good, yes? Try stay in the moment, I know you have lots of hard stuff going on, but you will be looked after, just keep away from that first one. It is an horriffic downward, you're preciou7s you don't need to go there.
I'd say Belgium is very beautiful now at this time of the year?
Love
Cath
Thanks Chaty
Old 10-02-2005, 02:28 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Platinum Member

Hi (((Stefanie)))

Your doing good!! 4 days is great!! :bravo
Just keep taking it one day at a time. Thats all any of us can do is take "one day at a time" and that miracle WILL happen, just hang in there.
Keep coming back; everyone here at SR is rooting for you! Everyone here has a lot of experience, strength and hope to offer, your in the right place.

Love you little sister, Bonni (((Big sisterly hugs)))
Old 10-02-2005, 03:07 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

(((Stefanie)))
Here's big hugs coming your way.
Congrats on 4 days..........girl, you can do this!!
Don't give up on a better life for yourself!