Notices

A New Bottom

Old 10-02-2005, 03:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AngelHugs
I'm still here. I am going to a meeting tomorrow morning.

Rehab is not an option right now and I did consider that for a while.

Why is rehab not an option right now, if you dont mind my asking??
Old 10-02-2005, 05:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Originally Posted by AngelHugs
Hi everyone, I'm doing semi-better, well sort of. I'm still alive. I thought for sure that I was on my way to a heart attack this morning. I had the symptoms and I talked with a doctor in the ER and she told me that it was a big concern. I decided not to go to the ER and I just waited it out. My vision was blurred, two of everything. I was in the apartment all alone. That experience scared me out of my mind. I went to a dark place that I pray to God I never have to go back to. For the first time, I saw how close I could be to death if I use. This disease kills and I don't want to give it my life. I think that this may be a big turning point for me. That was the point at which I truly knew that I never wanted to go beyond. Time to work on turning it back around.
Angel---You posted the above on the 29th. But your sobriety date is the 1st. Does that mean you used again after you posted this? If so, how can you say rehab is not an option? You need more help than what you are getting. You quite obviously cannot do this alone. We can only help you so much.

I am scared that you are going to die. Really. Please get help. Before it is too late.

Thinking of you and praying for you.......
Old 10-02-2005, 05:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am changing a few things and doing more than I was doing. Rehab isn't the only answer and there are many other ways. I went to some meetings and had a temporary sponsor but never actually threw myself into the program. Now is as good a time as any to do that.