Notices

There Is A New Bus In Town Load On Up

Old 09-28-2005, 10:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

There Is A New Bus In Town Load On Up

Welcome to the new bus in town, this bus is for anyone who wants to join, this is the SOBRIETY BUS, the only requirement to jump on this bus is not to drink or to use and if you do that is OK to cause most of us are retreads. I would like to express my deepest gratitude to SR, God, and every member here cause with out them this bus would not be rolling today. So come on, it will be a good trip, and hell we might have to stop for a movie or a bag of chips. We will be rolling all over the world and imagine all the fun we will have. HOP ON and strap it down, and lets see where we go.

Love Vic
Old 09-28-2005, 10:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
alconaut

Here!
Old 09-28-2005, 10:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hey Vic,

I think this is an excellent idea....
I never got around to getting on the last bus..
So I would feel awfully privilged to hop on this
one, if you don't mind
I will keep a seat warm for anyone else that
would like to jump on..
So C'mon all..... Were a waitin....
The price of gas is pretty high too, so we better get
a movin on

Love, Becky
Old 09-28-2005, 10:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Vic!
I'm on the bus, and I've brought along the CHIPS!
chip
Old 09-28-2005, 11:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by chip
Hi Vic!
I'm on the bus, and I've brought along the CHIPS!
chip
OMG this is totally awesome and we have the chips but I forgot the bus OMG ok let's find the bus :smileeek: :sodapop

There we are does anyone have any soda I am getting thirsty from all the chips that chip brought.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Hey Angel Girl and Autumn where are you all going to sit, I donno if it matter but I was just wondering is this bus equipped with a bathroom

I really have to go. LOL

Love Vic
Old 09-29-2005, 01:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Body,Mind & Soul in that order

Vic,

I really need to get on the bus!

Have had a really bad few weeks...but, I'm trying.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Nasa calls it "The Eye Of God"

Count me in!!!! I think I'm in for the ride of my life!!!!

:hoo
Old 09-29-2005, 04:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Woow I need to be on this bus too...If it's ok I will sit on the backseat with an apple and a ricecracker (cos that's all I'm gonna have today) OK...I will offer a coffeemachine especially desinged for busrides....where we are goin'at the moment....In a way I don't care ....But if you want me to be your guide...I take you somewhere in Belgium...On the other bus I took the people to my hometown Antwerp...But I'm rather sick of this town so my idea is to take you to the seaside the town where Ensor (a famous painter) was born and where I found my sister back last month after not seein' her for 7 years....Love from Stefanie.....
Old 09-29-2005, 04:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Blue2085
Vic,

I really need to get on the bus!

Have had a really bad few weeks...but, I'm trying.
Blue I love you so much and I wish that I was there for you, I think that you do know that my dear and I am always here for you. I pray for you all of the time and I know that you pray for me I LOVE YOU BLUE>

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((BLUE))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Old 09-29-2005, 04:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Can I book a place for my guy?
He's on day 74
Can he sit behind the driver please
Old 09-29-2005, 04:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by ARIES
....where we are goin'at the moment....In a way I don't care ....But if you want me to be your guide...I take you somewhere in Belgium...On the other bus I took the people to my hometown Antwerp...But I'm rather sick of this town so my idea is to take you to the seaside the town where Ensor (a famous painter) was born and where I found my sister back last month after not seein' her for 7 years....Love from Stefanie.....
It would be an HONOR if you would like to be our tour guide for a while maybe we should take a group conceince here. Who agrees to let Stefanie be our tour guide here for a week or so.

Love Vic
Old 09-29-2005, 04:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Getting Restored To Sanity

Can I drive the bus when you get tired vic, I am sober. Anyway, I brought some soda.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Yep on this bus there in no one in control so this belongs to the SR family and WE are proud of it I still donno where we are going and OMG yes I need help from you my friend on driving it liveletlive
Old 09-29-2005, 06:39 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
I choose to live

So we're on the beach already...Ain't it fun that stormy weather?
Old 09-29-2005, 06:46 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Some artist at work in the street...Dya follow me?
Old 09-29-2005, 06:54 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

OMG that is just awesome where we are going and I am so proud that you are guiding us right now, you are showing me some beautiful sights, LOL I love that one girl

Love Vic
Old 09-29-2005, 06:57 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
One day at a time...

thanks lucky...jumpin aboard...

MMH
Old 09-29-2005, 07:00 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Does anyone has got a viewmaster on the pocket so we can view some nice site in Oostende....Woow I'm getting thirsty can someone pass the coffee please...While I tell you some of the history of this town....Let's Sit at the sea while I'm talking and enjoy this beautiful sight

Oostende, now a major Belgian city of about 90.000 people, was nothing more than a small village built on an island (called Testerep) between the North Sea and a beach lake. Although small, the village rose to the status of 'city' around 1265 when the inhabitants were allowed to hold a market and to build a market hall.

The major source of income for the inhabitants was, of course, fishing. The North Sea coastline has always been rather unstable and in 1395 the inhabitants decided to build a new Oostende behind large dikes and further away from the always threatening sea.

The strategic position on the North Sea coast had major advantages for Oostende as a harbor but also proved to be a source of trouble. The city was frequently taken, destroyed and rampaged by conquering armies. After their independence from the Spanish Empire, the Dutch had preserved some strongholds in the Southern Netherlands, such as the cities of Nieuwpoort and Oostende. Between 1601 and 1604 the Spanish army succeeded in taking Oostende from the 'Geuzen (= Protestant Dutch seperationists)'.

After this era Oostende turned into a quiet harbor of some importance. In 1722 the Dutch closed off the entrance to the harbor of Antwerp. Therefore, Oostende rose in importance because the city provided an alternative entrance to the sea. The Southern Netherlands (now Belgium) had became part of the Austrian Empire. The Austrian Emperor Charles VI granted the city the trade monopoly with Africa and the Far-East. The 'Oostendse Compagnie' (= the Ostend trade society) was allowed to found colonies overseas. However, in 1727 the 'Oostendse Compagnie' was forced to stop its activities because of Dutch and British pressure. Holland and Britain would not allow competitors on the international trade level. But nations regarded international trade as their privilege.

In later times the harbor of Oostende continued to expand because the harbor dock, as well as the traffic connections with the hinterland, were improved. In 1838 a railway connection with Brussels was constructed. Oostende became a transit harbor to England in 1846 when the first Ferryboat sailed to Dover. Very important for the image of the city was the attention it started to receive from the Belgian kings Leopold I and Leopold II. Both liked to spent their vacations in Oostende. Important monuments and villas were built to please the Royal Family. The rest of aristocratic Belgium followed and soon Oostende became known as "The Queen of the Belgian sea-side resorts" .

Nowadays Oostende is a city of about 90.000 inhabitants and still the largest city at the Belgian coast.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:17 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Originally Posted by luckyv2
: I love that one girl

Love Vic
Keep on dreaming LUCKYV2...Can't u see she's in the company of two handsome guys...Mmmm...Let's see... maybe she can pass one to me... .....WHERE'S THAT COFFEE?????!!!!!