Notices

Dream

Old 09-28-2005, 01:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Dream

I dreamt about using last night, not drinking! I have not used for 29 years. Anyway it was so vivid the past mixed with the present. I needed to tell someone it, get it out. Thank God I am awake and it was only a dream.

Another day sober for me

nogard

Last edited by nogard; 09-28-2005 at 02:46 PM. Reason: My spelling sux big time
Old 09-28-2005, 02:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting Restored To Sanity

You too! I had two vivid drugging dreams the other night, back to back. It was so real, I thought I lost my sobriety. People from the past were there and partying along with me. I am talking we had an indoor and outdoor rager going on with multiple houses involved.

Part 1 of my dream was all about me having a wild and crazy time...lovin' it. Laughing and having the time of my life. Not a care in the world.

Part 2 happened after I woke up and fell asleep again. Usually my dreams don't continue, but this one did. It skipped to the horrors of using. Where I was having pain and suffering. There was no hope and happiness in this part.

This is true to real life use and abuse, right? I was floored when I woke up and could remember all of my dream. I was drained the whole day. The dream zapped all my energy. Wow! I have had drunk dreams before, but this one was the most realistic one yet.

There was no emphasis on drinking, which is strange. Drinking dream was all I ever had. This doesn't tell me I can drug and not drink, of course. I tried that once, and hit the bottle harder than ever. I need total abstinence from all mind altering substances.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Me too !!
It was about me drinking.... Woke up in shame and paranoia..
Thank God it was only a dream.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Some peoples Dreams, Thank God they are only dreams. whew!
Old 09-28-2005, 09:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Its happens but gets better

I have found that early in recovery drinking and using dreams can be very common. They usually occur after the person has been under stress.

After all drinking and/or using was how we dealt with stress. lol

The longer I remained clean and sober and learned new ways of handling stress, drinking and using was no longer an option I immediately thought of and, as a result my drinking/using dreams disappeared. I have not had one now in years and years.

Many others I know have found this also to be true.

It does get better and better!!!!!!

JMHO

Love and (((((to all))))),
Old 09-28-2005, 09:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

(((((Kevin)))))

I remember one dream I had and OMG was it vivid, I had to sit on the couch for an hour till I realized that it was only a dream. I was so glad that it was but there for a little while I could have swore that I had F****ed up again. I am very grateful for that dream today, I have not had one since, but it was a light telling me that "Beware, I am always there waiting for you to have your guard down!!!". Glad that you are here my friend.

Love Vic
Old 09-28-2005, 10:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Midas

****{Hugs Nogard}}}

Drinking / using dreams can seem very real. You know, some people walk in their sleep. Others talk in their sleep. Still others just snore in their sleep.

Sometimes I swear I drink in my sleep.

Old 09-29-2005, 11:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Geez, I was just about to start a thread on this. I had the drinking dream last night, though I never actually got to the drinking part. Maybe if I had slept longer...

But I bought the bottle in my dream, there it was, that bottle of Smirnoff. I could see the red cap on the bottle in the bag and my husband was carrying the bag in, oh noooo...., he will see it!

It was really quite disturbing. I had to convince myself it wasn't real when I woke up.
Glad to hear this is not uncommon.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Thanks everyone. I also talked to a friend and he suggested that dreams have energy just like eveything else and a message. He said its not necessary to understand the message or analyse it just to keep in the present while I live through the dream and digest the images and emotions, this way whatever is there from the past that is no longer needed is then discarded.

Also I am under stress, not surprising really!

nogard
Old 09-29-2005, 02:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Red Hot Chili Pepper

In rehab... we called that a "freebee." The use but not the consequences.

Kelly
Old 09-29-2005, 02:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Thanks Kelly There are always consequences and it was hellish as it was the end of my using, very grim, I weighed under 7 stone and was using whatever I could get hold off, very sick and close to death, not a freebie I really want, but something I need to deal with

nogard
Old 09-29-2005, 03:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Red Hot Chili Pepper

29 years is quite an accomplishment! I did a one month stint with meth a little over 20 years ago, and to this day I'll occasionally get a whiff and a craving. Makes me really glad I didn't get into it in a big way, or I'd probably be dead now.