Notices

dreading tomorrow

Old 09-23-2005, 09:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

dreading tomorrow

well i have 103 days sobriety, tomorrow is saturday.I feel good but it seems saturdays are my worse days. I dont know why, it just seems everysaturday i get into a funk and i am tired of it in away. This has been a good week, got a job monday, did the drug test tuesday, still waiting on the results. I am so ready to get back to work. I am just dreading tomorrow, I just hope tomorrow is not another one of those days.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If there is anything that you can do for someone else tomorrow, do it. Sometimes the best way of getting out of a funk is to reach out an help another person. By getting out of our own head, we save ourselves and do something beneficial for another soul. Find some positive activities that you will enjoy. Maybe go see a movie, have a good meal, etc. Be good to yourself tomorrow. Focus on staying in the moment.
You can always hang out here on SR! This is a pretty cool hangout and we are always glad to have you here with us!

Hugs,
Angel
Old 09-24-2005, 04:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Midas

Congrats Okie, on the 100+ Sober Days you've collected!! The longer you dread and despair, the harder it will be to face. Find something constructive to occupy your time--something to get you 'out of your head'. Build a model (car, plane, etc.), buy one of those Invisible Man/Woman models. Those are fun Educational too. Draw. Paint. Write a short story. Watch a movie or two.

Take yourself out to dinner. "Bonjour Monsieur. Table for one this evening, or will you be expecting a party to join you for dinner?"

"Ah, Jean'Claude. Table for one. Merci. Unless you happen to know something I don't."

"Surely, Monsieur LeTigre. I will bring you tonight's menu, si vous plais."

"Oh, and Jean'Claude, no matter what I ask you to serve, don't bring me any distilled spirits. Merci beaucoup!"

"Oui, oui. But of course, Monsieur!"

Ummm, damnit. Where was I? Oh yeah. Go to a meeting if that's in your recovery plan. Go to the library. Go to the shopping plaza in your area--do some window shopping. And while you're there, jump up and stand next to the statue or other unidentifiable art deco piece and shout out for glee "I dunno what all you other folks in Normieville are doing tonight, but I'm gonna go get SOBER damnit!! Thank You. Goodnight!"

Or...like AngelHugs mentioned, donate your charity by helping others. Volunteering some of your time to do service-work, can be very rewarding. Or, go to the park & feed the geese and duckywucks. They love attention and bird seed. Rarely do they ever cry "FOUL!" LoL.

I just couldn't resist that one. See, there's plenty of activities to keep your mind busy with something other than stinkin' thinkin' "...right about now, I'd be (smokin', tokin', drinkin', dyin'). Or, if all else fails and your attention span takes a dive, there's always SR!!

Old 09-24-2005, 06:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Well....

I am going to an AA meeting...then to lunch and shop with AA friends.
What are you planning to do for the funk?

Blessings....
Old 09-24-2005, 11:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
One day at a time...

Okie,

ditto to all the above! Congrats on 100 days plus!
If you don't want to go out, just hang out with us here, we'll keep each other company and shoo away the 'funk'
Old 09-24-2005, 10:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

well today was a lot better then in the past yippee, I did keep myself busy somewhat, I am just glad i have another day of sobriety and hopefully I will have another tomorrow. Someone mentioned volunteer work. well i did that last sunday for the Katrina victums, unbelievable feeling I got when i was done even though my body was feeling it. lol.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
One day at a time...

Good for you Okie!!!

It really does make you feel good to do for others like that.

Here's to one more day sober!
Old 09-25-2005, 10:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Chy

Congrats to you on your 100+ days! It's very hard for us to get into a new routine, lord knows how I struggled with it! But to this day every Saturday I wake up I thank my HP for sobriety as I still have to think " how hungover and I gonna be", it takes time but keeping busy is key and that funk will slowly lift the busier you stay.