SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   How long does it take to detox from meth? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/71052-how-long-does-take-detox-meth.html)

lostsocalgirl 09-17-2005 05:31 PM

How long does it take to detox from meth?

I don't know what the steps are to detoxing. What do you go through and what are the changes in personality?
It's been six weeks since my sister was arrested I thought that she would be over this by now but her moods are so eratic it seems like she is still using. One minute she is overly upset about something but the next minute it's like she doesn't even care.
Example: Her best friend whom she was arrested with is married and his wife is still missing from hurricane katrina (she moved back to mississippi after my sister and her husband were arrested). My sister called and asked if I had found her yet, when I told her after almost three weeks of searching the only thing I have been able to find out is that the house is destroyed, I can't find her anywhere. My sister got so upset they made her get off the phone and took her to medical, but when she called my mother later that night she told my mother "Oh well she was depressed and wanted to die any way, so if she didn't make it, it isn't a big deal".
Is this normal? I can't believe she could be so heartless.
My Aunt said it could just be that the drugs have damaged her brain so much that she just doesn't think right.

Luckyv2 09-17-2005 05:42 PM

((((lostsocalgirl))))

First I would like to welcome you to SR and I hope that you find what you are looking for it might be a good thing to check out the Nar-Anon Forum there they will be able to help you. But I am an addict and for me I have almost 6 month now this time but I still get into them attitudes from time to time I had a post here once call Roller Coaster Ride and man was I not lieing there. It just takes time and understand that it is know that meth addicts it almost takes 2 years to get back to any normallity OMG I have a 1 1/2 to go, don't think of that or for me I will get over whelmed.

Love Vic

lostsocalgirl 09-17-2005 05:47 PM

WOW! That long?
Anyways, thanks for your reply and even though I don't know you I'm proud of you for staying sober. I can only imagine how hard it is for you and everyone else.
Keep up the good work. I will keep you in my prayers.
Thanks again.
Hugs,
Dee

In memory of miracle 09-17-2005 05:54 PM

Welcome!
I am really sorry to hear about the young woman who is missing.As far as your question goes, I don't know what to tell you,perhaps your sister is medicated at the moment? There is a great family and friends forum here as well as a Naranon.You should check it out.
Bless, Trish

eataprune 07-15-2008 01:12 PM

hey i used meth for about 2 days and had some synthoms after the meth wore out like fast heart beat some shaking at night i got kinda scared but like i said i don't use drugs at all i was just at a friends house and they had some so i tryed but after these synthoms i quit smoking and drinking meth scared me so the think i wanted to ask is you think i'll be fine are all this temporary?

Lily 07-15-2008 06:01 PM

It does take time to feel good again. I got clean off meth in 1991 and it was at least 2 months before I felt better. One thing that made me feel worse than ever though, after getting clean was overeating sugar. It kind of made me release my mood swings all over.

Eataprune.

I think the heart racing will pass, but can you see a doctor?

Sheila

Taking5 07-15-2008 11:50 PM

Eataprune and lilly, do you realize you are responding to a 3 year old post?