SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   4 Months (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/71044-4-months.html)

nogard 09-17-2005 03:05 PM

4 Months

I am still recoverying from flu, but I am very happy as today I reached 4 months, 120 days sober. I have even done some service this month! I would like to be able to go outside and dance and go and see friends but I have to stay inside and keep warm if I want this flu to go away.

Thank you all for your love and support. I will continue one day at a time.

Love Kevin

hopealwayz 09-17-2005 03:10 PM

Kevin,

Gigantic congratulations on celebrating 4 amazing months of sober days!! Feels pretty good, huh? I'm so glad that I get to be here for you on the journey and I'm smiling right now at your huge accomplishment! Well done my friend!!

Hugs,
Angel:boogy :fest30: :Terrific

In memory of miracle 09-17-2005 03:18 PM

Congrads!!! ((( nogard)))

Richie 09-17-2005 03:38 PM

:congrats That is great,Kevin!Now keep warm and get well soon.

nogard 09-17-2005 03:46 PM

Thanks AngelHugs, Stormy, Miracle and Richie. Richie I am the worlds worst patient, I figure I looked after myself for one day, did all the right things, so I should be better now, but I am not and am staying in and keeping warm, sleeping, reading and posting here.

Kevin

HPierce 09-17-2005 04:20 PM

wow kevin 4 months flu and service work ;) keep up the great work!!! your a big help and wonderful person!!

Luckyv2 09-17-2005 04:30 PM

Way to go Kevin and you are doing great congradulation, Hopefully I don't slip then you won't be able to catch up. Good meeting last night to thank you.

Love Vic

nogard 09-17-2005 04:48 PM

Thanks Heidi and Vic. Vic I don't want to catch up to you, you stay right there in front of me :)

I have been sitting here thinking this morning how fortunate I am and how well I am doing with this illness, normally I would be climbing the walls after one day sick let alone three. I have slept looked after mylef, last night friends brought me a basket of food, choccies and a large bowl of pipinh hot casserole. As I sist here and think about it, I am right where I am supposed to be, I feel a calmness and an acceptance. I dont need a drink, I dont need to be rich, I dont need fame and glory, I am happy being Kevin and I am so grateful for so many friends, such a wonderful place to live, a fantastic daughter, my dogs and all the wildlife here.

If this is as good as it gets, then I have done well.

Kevin

pearl 09-17-2005 05:56 PM

Nogard...warm and healing thoughts coming your way (take care of your flu bug) ...congrats on 4 months!!!!!

Love Pearl

nogard 09-17-2005 05:58 PM

Pearl, thanks and you take care while your moving, maybe have a peek here now and then if you can :)

Hugs Kevin

Chy 09-17-2005 06:00 PM

Awesome Kevin! Keep up the good work!

nogard 09-17-2005 06:02 PM

Thanks Chy and thanks for your time to keep these forums going, without them I would have much less support.

Kevin

jpeace2 09-17-2005 06:16 PM

Kevin, so sorry to hear you are sick but I'm happy you have people to help take care of you. See what being sober does for us? People don't run away, they extend their hands in love and friendship.

I'm proud of you.....four months is huge and I can hear the happiness in your words today. Congratulations and many many more anniversaries to come for you!

nogard 09-17-2005 07:48 PM

hey jpeace, I had been thinking about you, great to see you again and thanks :) yes being Sober and straight up does allow others to support us.

Kevin

09-17-2005 09:07 PM

Get Well Soon! Happy 4th, too!

2dayzmuse 09-17-2005 09:12 PM

Congratulations on 4 months Kevin. It just keeps getting better. Now, time to get you feeling better. Here is a piping hot bowl of chicken soup. I hope you feel better soon.

http://www.freeimagehosting.info/uploads/c4eee027b1.jpg

ru4outoo 09-17-2005 09:35 PM

Congrats on 4 months Kevin that is great, you are a inspiration to me and i thank you. Keep up the good work.

dave 09-18-2005 03:08 PM

:bananadan 4 Months You Should Feel Great Way To Go Wow... :grinattk: