Notices

Visions of Wine glasses dance in my head!

Old 09-14-2005, 04:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Visions of Wine glasses dance in my head!

So, first I was having issued with sleep.. and I was completely exhausted for days. Finally, last night I actually got a decent nights sleep.. about 7 continous hours, which is more than double what I have been getting the last couple of weeks.

So, today I feel good.. alert..etc. So, then WHY, WHY do I keep getting a flash of a glass of cabernet in my head. And out of nowhere too. I am sitting here at work, crunching numbers, when suddenly I realize I am spacing off thinking about how nice it would be to sit down with a glass of wine tonight!!

Just keep reminding myself.. that it might feel good at first, but I know I will hate myself in the morning...

and on with the infamous chant..JUST DON'T DRINK NO MATTER WHAT.. JUST DON'T DRINK NO MATTER WHAT!!

ahhh.. that's better! venting is good for the soul!

Kell
Old 09-14-2005, 05:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Come on ...1 glass is not going to make you feel good.
Pass instead of passing out.

Glad you slept...did you use the link I posted?

on down your recovery road...Blessings
Old 09-14-2005, 06:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Midas

I thought the visions were supposed to be of Sugar Plums, not cabernet sauvignon. LoL.
Originally Posted by Kalleigh
...suddenly I realize I am spacing off thinking about how nice it would be to sit down with a glass of wine tonight!!
That's the quiet obsession of an alcoholic mind. We tend to be preoccuppied with spending quality time with the bottle.

I would get so involved in my premeditation, I could tell you exactly which stores had what on special any day of the week. Funny eh? Sad. Those thoughts typically would start to manifest about 10 AM. One of my collegues at work actually caught me chanting ''Pete's Wicked. Yeah. Life is short, GET Wicked Ale. Yeah.'' Almost immediately I was on the defensive. Chanting? No I wasn't. I was thinking out loud about the commercial. ''Uh huh. Sure. Thinking out loud for 10 whole minutes? You were chanting it!''

Old 09-14-2005, 06:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kaleigh,

I think you are dreaming about wine now because that is the nature of the disease. You've been sober long enough for your mind to start trying to convince you that you could manage one drink and maybe you weren't as bad off as you had thought. That's what the disease does. It messes with your mind.

Hang in there.

Love, Anna