Notices

A Week Without A F2F Meeting

Old 09-11-2005, 08:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

A Week Without A F2F Meeting

Here it is Sunday in less than 3 hours it will actually have been a week since I have been to a f2f meeting. I don't know why for sure I am posting this but I feel actually pretty good I think for not going to a meeting, usually when I don't go to meetings I have been drinking or using but it is not like that this time. I have been doing a lot of recovery here and I have been in contact with my sponsor from back home but I have no wanted or had any desire to go to a f2f meeting. Now I have not really been doing any reading except for here at SR, that is not like me either. Now I don't know if I want to go back to AA, I would love to go to NA but really there are not a whole lot of NA meetings here where I live, it looks like there are tons of meetings but not one group here meets everyday, they are all basically different groups that meet two or three times a week. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else has ever experience this and if they think that this might lead to disaster even when you are feeling and acting a lot better than when you were going. Ok hope that your weekend has been going well so far.

Love Vic
Old 09-11-2005, 08:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

No one can predict that Vic...but ask yourself why you are asking.

and my question is why does it matter if the same group meets everyday or not. We have a variety of meetings in my town, different times, differnt day, different locations. The same fellowship.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Well.... if you are happy with your week so am I!

Will you use/drink again? Heck...the choice is yours.

Personally...for about 18 months I attended AA at least dailly.
I figured I drank daily so....

These days I do 3 or so weekly amd spend hours doing on line recovery.
I also have daily contact with God and another alcoholic.

Seems to be working great in my case.

Stay in focus...Blessings....
Old 09-12-2005, 09:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I went to two f2f meetings today I was only going to go to the noon one and then my sponsor back home called and he told me that he didn't give a sh!t if I had to walk to get my @ss to the 8:00 meeting tonight. You know how we don't like that control issue but I did what he said and I am really glad that I went, a lot of people said that they have been worring about me. I don't know if I believe all of that but I have no reason not to either. Ok here we go and I even started to work out my steps in my study guide and I have been looking into alot of that program that Tyler is in I find it fasinating. Oh well another day in paradise.

Love Vic
Old 09-12-2005, 09:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Vic

I know that for me, just the night I didn't really feel like going to a meeting but dragged myself anyway, was just the night that I heard something I needed to hear, or shared something that was important to at least one person in that room.

I'm in a small town now and there are no meetings within an hour of me, and I drive an hour each way to work, so find it tough to go. But I miss it and will probably work something out soon.

Hugs
Ann