SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   A Week Without A F2F Meeting (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/70312-week-without-f2f-meeting.html)

Luckyv2 09-11-2005 08:29 AM

A Week Without A F2F Meeting

Here it is Sunday in less than 3 hours it will actually have been a week since I have been to a f2f meeting. I don't know why for sure I am posting this but I feel actually pretty good I think for not going to a meeting, usually when I don't go to meetings I have been drinking or using but it is not like that this time. I have been doing a lot of recovery here and I have been in contact with my sponsor from back home but I have no wanted or had any desire to go to a f2f meeting. Now I have not really been doing any reading except for here at SR, that is not like me either. Now I don't know if I want to go back to AA, I would love to go to NA but really there are not a whole lot of NA meetings here where I live, it looks like there are tons of meetings but not one group here meets everyday, they are all basically different groups that meet two or three times a week. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else has ever experience this and if they think that this might lead to disaster even when you are feeling and acting a lot better than when you were going. Ok hope that your weekend has been going well so far.

Love Vic

Paulie 09-11-2005 08:53 AM

No one can predict that Vic...but ask yourself why you are asking.

and my question is why does it matter if the same group meets everyday or not. We have a variety of meetings in my town, different times, differnt day, different locations. The same fellowship.

CarolD 09-11-2005 08:59 AM

:) Well.... if you are happy with your week so am I!

Will you use/drink again? Heck...the choice is yours.

Personally...for about 18 months I attended AA at least dailly.
I figured I drank daily so.... :slaphappy

These days I do 3 or so weekly amd spend hours doing on line recovery.
I also have daily contact with God and another alcoholic.

Seems to be working great in my case. :vg

Stay in focus...Blessings....

Luckyv2 09-12-2005 09:21 PM

I went to two f2f meetings today I was only going to go to the noon one and then my sponsor back home called and he told me that he didn't give a sh!t if I had to walk to get my @ss to the 8:00 meeting tonight. You know how we don't like that control issue but I did what he said and I am really glad that I went, a lot of people said that they have been worring about me. I don't know if I believe all of that but I have no reason not to either. Ok here we go and I even started to work out my steps in my study guide and I have been looking into alot of that program that Tyler is in I find it fasinating. Oh well another day in paradise.

Love Vic

Ann 09-12-2005 09:26 PM

Vic

I know that for me, just the night I didn't really feel like going to a meeting but dragged myself anyway, was just the night that I heard something I needed to hear, or shared something that was important to at least one person in that room.

I'm in a small town now and there are no meetings within an hour of me, and I drive an hour each way to work, so find it tough to go. But I miss it and will probably work something out soon.

Hugs
Ann