Notices

Need support!!

Old 09-08-2005, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
2 Years Sober!

Need support!!

Hi..I'm sort of new here. Actually, this board help me last year get into rehab for alcoholism. However, I eventually relapsed, and I am here again for support. I really need friends and support. I have two young children and a husband that travels a lot which makes going to meetings very difficult. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Especially when I try to stop in a couple days (I'm on vacation right now and miserable drinking..but I'm sure you all understand why I can't stop today) and I try to break "the cycle". Your input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Midas

Welcome Back, jen! I can't think of any obvious suggestions--except for one--don't drink. I just googled AA Sacramento, and there are close to 70 different meetings in your area.

Old 09-08-2005, 06:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Hello Jen--Glad you made it back! As far as the meetings go, if you really want to go, I am sure you can find a way. There are usually meetings offered at all different times of the day. Perhaps you could go while you children are at school, on your lunch hour, or find a "Mom's morning out" kind of program if you are a stay at home mom. AA has been an absolute life-saver for me in so many ways. It can be for you, as well. There are also on-line meetings here most evenings, although we may be wanting for some meeting chairs at the moment.

In the meantime, hang out here, read some more, post some more, and work on your resolve to quit. Think about how much better life will be for you if you don't have that monkey alcohol riding on your back.

Hugs--
Old 09-08-2005, 06:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hello

Jen....Welcome again!

Please start again on your recovery.
That misery go round can be stopped.

Blessings...
Old 09-08-2005, 07:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Welcome Jen.
Depending on how much your drinking, I would suggest you see a doctor as alcohol withdrawal is very dangerous. Maybe you can find a sitter to stay with your kids acouple times a week so you can get to a meeting.Glad your here.
Bless, Trish
Old 09-08-2005, 07:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Hi jen -

Stop today while on vacation. We are here, we are your friends and we will support you. You can do this. This time....what can you do differently not to drink again?
Old 09-08-2005, 07:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome back Jen.
That is great that you are ready to give recovery another go. Just don't drink one day at a time-- or break it down, into an hour at a time and even 5 mins if needed.

You can do this and will enjoy life so much more without alcohol.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Getting Restored To Sanity

Welcome Back

I hope you find your way to the rooms, get a sponsor, and work the steps. You deserve a better life.

Best Wishes.