Notices

tonight...

Old 09-07-2005, 09:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
2dayisanewday

tonight...

Okay so my b/f said something tonight that hurt my feelings. I was commenting on my body type and how I felt like my friend Carrie and I had similiar body types, he said no. I asked, why not, he said because you are wider then her and more thick. On a scale of importance, this might not seem like something to be upset about when you compare it to huge problems in life, but I am upset right now. I think to myself, here I am saying that I will stop smoking pot and for what? I am the only one trying.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying that I am going to run off and do it, but this stuff makes me want to. I know that if I did, I wouldn't give a crap and I could go to bed much easier. I hate that.
I want to be able to go to bed and not have my feelings hurt and not care. What hurts the most is he said I was setting him up for it or something like that. I ended up going downstairs and was gonna leave or sleep down there. All I wanted to do was start crying, but I haven't really. I called up this friend of mine and talked to him about it. While I was on the phone, he asked me, "Who are you talking to?" I thought, what the hell does it matter to you? cuz he was not trying to make me feel better. I am by no means fat but I do have areas that I need to work on and improve. I just started back working out today. I guess it makes me feel unattractive to him, for anyone to say, you are thicker or wider would hurt most any girls feelings. I am just struggling right now and I needed to get that out.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Midas

**{Hugs}}

Maybe he meant to say ''big-boned'' and it just didn't come out right? Some guys (even me at times) completely lack tactfulness when it comes to girls and weighty topics.

Nothing wrong with your monitor. She put the text in that highlighter yellow color.

Old 09-08-2005, 02:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2dayisanewday
Okay so my b/f said something tonight that hurt my feelings. I was commenting on my body type and how I felt like my friend Carrie and I had similiar body types, he said no. I asked, why not, he said because you are wider then her and more thick. On a scale of importance, this might not seem like something to be upset about when you compare it to huge problems in life, but I am upset right now. I think to myself, here I am saying that I will stop smoking pot and for what? I am the only one trying.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying that I am going to run off and do it, but this stuff makes me want to. I know that if I did, I wouldn't give a crap and I could go to bed much easier. I hate that.
I want to be able to go to bed and not have my feelings hurt and not care. What hurts the most is he said I was setting him up for it or something like that. I ended up going downstairs and was gonna leave or sleep down there. All I wanted to do was start crying, but I haven't really. I called up this friend of mine and talked to him about it. While I was on the phone, he asked me, "Who are you talking to?" I thought, what the hell does it matter to you? cuz he was not trying to make me feel better. I am by no means fat but I do have areas that I need to work on and improve. I just started back working out today. I guess it makes me feel unattractive to him, for anyone to say, you are thicker or wider would hurt most any girls feelings. I am just struggling right now and I needed to get that out.

Hi ((((2day))))), welcome to SoberRecovery....I had to add more colour to your post, we couldn't see it, there we go (((Stormy)))

Oh oh oh dear girl, don't ever ask a MAN about your body. You ever hear the commedians joke....the gal asks...honey do these pants make me look fat?...the guy answers no it's not the pants. I've yet to test that question with my hubby, watch him dance around with an answer.

2day you take care of yourself, that's what we do. Sometimes we set ourselves up with these guys, gosh darn it all, don't they know how to lie a bit, haha. I'm sorry this has hurt you, but sometimes we need to laugh at silly things. I'm not fat either, ok ok I could stand to lose a few lbs...ok 20 but who's counting...you know what, that's the least of my worries right now....SOBRIETY is our number one focus, running out and smoking pot or drinking or whatever won't help take any hurt away, nope it certainly won't, only make us feel worse.

Hope you're feeling better today, you're a BEAUTIFUL woman don't let silly negative words from your mate get to you, just wiggle what your mama gave you around and BE DARN PROUD of it. I'm an older hen, I've learned a long time ago not to ask, there's a hell of a lot more to us then what our bodies look like, to much pressure has been put on woman way to much. You ever notice these guys aren't perfect, something that doesn't exist, but they seem to think it's ok to say negative things to us...shame shame shame.

Anyway feel better ok, take care of yourself.

Lots of love, hugs....Denise
Old 09-08-2005, 05:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
2dayisanewday

Sorry about the font, my background is black...

I slept crappy last night, I was all over the place, from the couch to the floor to the bed, I was so hot and I could not get comfortable. Not to mention I was upset so that did not make it any easier.

I am petite woman, about 5ft. 110lbs. I am not even big boned so I don't get it. My friend that we were comparing wears the same size pants as me, same bra size, etc. We are similiar, especially cuz we can wear each others clothes. All I was really trying to say was that I liked not being anorexic looking like some of these girls nowadays. I was feeling good about myself and what he said just made me feel bad.
Anyhow this morning I did not say anything to him when I left for work and he did not say anything to me. Not good.
I didn't drink anything last night, not that I wanted to, but I did want to smoke and I didn't. I picked up my brother to drive him to a friends house & I could have smoked with him easily, but I didn't.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's good you didn't slip due to some rude remarks. I'd suggest talking it over with your bf and tell him how much this hurt ya tho.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
2dayisanewday

Thanks. I sent him an email and told him how I felt, we shall see what happens with that. Nothing more I can do other then that now. I am just kind of expecting to hear back from him.
The thought of calling off was there for sure this morning. I couldn't do it though. I have school tonight and I am sure I will need a red bull or something along those lines.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
2dayisanewday

Well I still have not heard back from him, after the email and then I sent a text message simply saying all I really wanted was intentionally trying to hurt me.....and yet still nothing. What the heck is wrong with someone that they don't want to just put the subject to rest and say they didn't mean it in a negative way.