Notices

Not Comfy

Old 09-04-2005, 09:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Not Comfy

I find myself uncomfortable posting at SR now which is really sad for me as I had always felt so at home. So I have decided to take a break for a while.

I will be staying off the booze and doing all the other things I have been doing. I will miss you all. Take care.

nogard
Old 09-04-2005, 09:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Will miss you and SR will be here when you return.

Stay your course and stop in from time to time...so we know your still doing ok.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Gonna miss you, but I understand. Take care of yourself.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am sad that you are leaving us you are one of the people that made me laugh when I was feeling down. I will miss you , but as long as you stay sober that is what is important. Do what is best for you alway's. take care!
Hope you come back soon.

Hugs,
Bfree
Old 09-04-2005, 11:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Nogard))) you will be greatly missed on here ,hope its not too long before your popping back in take care till then love Kim xx
Old 09-05-2005, 05:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dan

I know that uncomfy feeling nogard.
Be well.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Take care! And, just like everyone else said: we're not going anywhere anytime soon!

Danielle
Old 09-05-2005, 06:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

(((((((((((Kevin))))))))))))) I really wish you wouldn't go, but if you must, please take care of yourself while you are gone. I will miss you very much.

Love and hugs to you--
Old 09-05-2005, 06:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Stronger every day!

I find this very, very sad. Kevin, you have been such a big part of this community for longer than the short time I've been here, judging from the posts I've read.....and I can tell that the community has been a huge source of support and love for you too. Why let a few people who talk out their a** and insult and judge others chase you away from so many who have been there for you when you needed them? And who you have helped through much of their own struggles?

We deal with these kinds of people every day in "the real world" (as in non-cyber version), unfortunately they are a part of the same planet we all live in and they aren't going anywhere. When I see someone who feels the need to be harsh and judgmental, I try to look at them objectively: this person must be really unhappy to have to try and bring others down with them. That's sad. Nothing I can do about it, but it's still sad for THEM. For me, I gravitate toward the positive people, who from what I can see, FAR outweigh the negative ones here. The ones who do have good hearts, who remember what it was like to be in my shoes if I post about having the urge to pick up a drink, and who can give me the support, ES & H or loving butt kick that I need to keep on keeping on. The others will fade out, they always do. We have a couple on another site I go to and they never stay long. Either they eventually give in and blend into the community, pull down their walls and attempt to join in, or they get bored and leave and go find somewhere else to be miserable. Such is the circle of life, even in the cyber world.

To Kevin and anyone else who might be feeling this way because of stuff that's been happening here lately, which I must have missed a lot of since I haven't been here a lot, please don't deprive yourself of the loving support that I have found here since I came here one night, scared and alone, feeling like crap and hoping for some answers, simply because a few miserable people can't find their own way out of the darkness they live in and want us all to join them in their misery. We don't have to....and perhaps seeing us continuing to support each other and pull each other up when we're struggling might even inspire some of them to reach out as well. Remember, truly conquering addiction goes far beyond putting down the pipe or the bottle......just a long ramble from someone who's been on both sides of the coin. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Love you all....Genie
Old 09-05-2005, 07:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I can imagine how you feel, take care.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Hey! ((( Nogard )))
Old 09-05-2005, 07:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

((((((Kevin))))))

I do know how you feel but what we must realize is that it is not real, it is fear (false evidence appearing real) or (FU*K EVERYTHING AND RUN) and that is what your disease is doing right now, just like it plays games with all of our heads but in our hearts we know that this is not the answer. I too wanted to leave SR but OMG they won't let me go, I don't know why, I am not that important but there is a reason that each and everyone of us is here and I do know that you have helped me out so so much here at SR. I can not nor will I tell you what to do, but listen to your heart and follow that, I will wait for your return.

Love Vic
Old 09-05-2005, 07:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((((((Kevin)))))))) I understand how you're feeling as well. You do what you need to do, we'll be here with open arms if you decide to come back, in the mean time take care of yourself and your sobriety, which I'm so proud having been able to sit back and watch you grow. I see a huge loving spirit in you and it will be missed here. Oh yeah this Canadian gal is right close to you in her sober time 113 days today, I'll be thinking of you and getting more strength in knowing that.

Haha lucky.....looks like SR has a tight grip on you, you're part of our huge family.

Hugs hugs......Denise
Old 09-05-2005, 08:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey man! I wish u wouldn't go...u always gave me good advice Whenever you come back I will gladly help u if i can
Old 09-05-2005, 08:27 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hey, I must be out of the loop here, I don't really understand what's going on.
I really wish that you would stay,. Every post I have read from you, the only thing I recall, is kindness and support.. I don't understand, and I wish that you would stay. We really need people that have been here for a while to stay.
I don't know what was said, if anything. But I wish that you would re-consider.
I don't know if this is about the post here, on what kinds of posts people post, (support versus advice?) but if that's what's that going on, I am really sorry to see that, I don't know that, but I can tell you if that is it, I habve been also left questioning what I post. But I will not leave, unless I am asked to leave, at least not now. There may be a few posts from different people that are pushy, I don't know, I don't care, I need this place, really need this place.
Again, I don't know if that's the problem, or what the problem is, but please stay, and if you chose not to, please come back.. even from time to time
You will be missed..
Love, Becky
Old 09-05-2005, 09:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Chy

nogard I'm sorry to hear this, pm me if you need to talk about what's going on. You'll be missed but we'll leave the light on for you!
Old 09-05-2005, 12:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Card Carrying Optimist

(((((Nogard))))) Peace to you, little brother. PM me if you feel the need to. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Aloha
Pearl
Old 09-05-2005, 01:09 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Paused

I must be out of the loop as well. Don't let anyone run you off Nogard. I've seen this happen before. I've been hurt and angry over members who've insisted on flaming and being disrespectful. It got down right ugly. I wouldn't let them run me off. You know what, they are gone and I'm still here. You have every right to be here. Stick around. If things need to be dealt with, let the Mods handle it. Take care and I hope to see you back soon.
Old 09-05-2005, 03:45 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I don't know what I was thinking yesterday, I have felt a lot more uncomfortable than this. SR is important to me and I have changed my mind I am staying around and will work through what I feel.

I felt so miserable after I started this thread, its a large part of my recovery and I need to stay here and work through everything.

Thanks for all of your support and kind words. I am sorry to put you through that just because I had a bad hair day.

Love nogard
Old 09-05-2005, 04:37 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Heck half the time I never know what I'm thinking...I THINK

Next time you have a bad hair day, just do this ------>

Happy you're back Kevin :hugehug our emotions tend to run wild at times, don't they? ah this new way of learning how to live.