Notices

hoping we all keep it together over holiday

Old 09-03-2005, 10:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hoping we all keep it together over holiday

I know holidays and special occasions are difficult times for me, and I also know I am not alone on this. I just felt the need to remind myself of this fact, and figured maybe some of you might need to be reminded as well. Don't get caught up in the notion that it is a holiday so we should be partying.....
I also need to remind myself that for others it might be a party, but for me the party has long dissappeared. Now for me, what use to seem like fun has become a nightmare.
Please to all of you my new friends, be careful and take care of yourselves over the weekend.

Love and hugs and more hugs,
Bfree

Thanks for everything
Old 09-04-2005, 03:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

wish me luck

You know I'll call you....want to now but it's only 6:50am. Another day down the bottle cause I never made it to the 13 hours for meds. But hey, I got in 5 hrs. does that count?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks free
talk soon
Old 09-04-2005, 04:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

Gawd, I awoke this morning from the most bizarre using dream ever. I was in a photo studio with one guy, a gay guy, and a woman. They all were winking at me at kind of sneaking around. Seems that they all had secret coke stashes that they wanted to share with me. One guy has a table with 50's and 100's laid out all over it and little bags of white on each bill, representing what it was worth. The lady pressed a little bag into the palm of my hand, some spilled out on the chair and she licked up the loose granules. The gay guy led me to a room where he offered some of his stash.

When I awoke I could taste the stuff. Had to eat some toast and brush teeth to get the taste to go away. Was all shaky. I had using dreams. I was with a young gal and kind of weird guy last night after a meeting and we talked about coke, that's probably what did it. Got to stop romanticizing the stuff.

At least I don't have to take startover token this am. Whew!
Old 09-04-2005, 05:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

You know when we used or drank atleast for me I never had to have a reason that is just what I did, I liked the effect but now that I have found AA and NA or should I say that they have found me, now I try to make excuses to go use or drink, well atleast I have not had to act on any of my lame excuses. And roadie58, I remember a using dream that I had once and when I woke up I sat on the couch and it took almost an hour of me sitting there to finally come to realize that it was just a dream, thank God today we can choose to stay clean and sober.

Love Vic
Old 09-04-2005, 06:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Beth,

Enjoy the weekend and stay strong.

Love,
Lynn
Old 09-04-2005, 06:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

(((((((((((((SR)))))))))))))) (((((((((((bfree))))))))))))))) Thanks for your message. Holidays can be very hard, but when we are sober we get to enjoy them in a way we never used to be able to enjoy them. We get to remember them. We don't have to wake up and regret what we did. We get to stay safe and healthy. We get to really "be there" for our friends and family.

We can all do it. Let's have a party here instead!!!!

Hugs to all--
Old 09-04-2005, 10:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dietpesi what happened? I told you to call if you were going to use. you had a goal, and a plan!!! You know what, Iwill PM you. For now STOP DRINKING or you will never get on the meds that will help you!!
Hugs
Beth