Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

I'm new, and want to talk to someone about help around me for me.

Notices

Old 09-01-2005, 08:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello, I am desperatly searching for some help that fits and is around me. I am an outgoing female that is in desperate search for the sober me. My boyfriend is in jail for aggrevated assault against me (he was drunk). I know that I need to recover on my own, and I am desperatly searching to do so. I have gone from alcohol to cocaine to crystal meth and back to alcohol. I am currently staying with my parents, which have a stocked bar, and know that I am still continuing down the same path. I can not come up with any answers like this. I am torn so many ways. I feel so many things. I don't know what to do. Please Help!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 09:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I suggest you try to find an AA, or NA meeting. If you call 800-417-6237 they will be able to give you numbers in your are for help in your area. If your parents are stocking the house with alcohol you might need to find a new place to stay. I don't know what your relationship is with them, but you should politely ask them not to stock up the alcohol. if they are alcoholics they will not agree, in that case you really need to find some place else to go, cause they will sabotage any recovery you are trying to achieve...
Coming here to SR was a good start there are people here that know exactly what you are going through, and really care..
Just yesterday I had a complete meltdown. I reached out for help, and I am better today, because people showed they care and made me realize I still care.
I have been an addict for a long time, and some times what I am going through now really sucks, but you have to keep trying...
Call the # I gave you....
try to go to a meeting...
Stay away from people that you know use....
And keep coming back here, read the threads. listening to what others are going through, and listening to potential solutions really helps..
Take it slow, and hang in there.

Hugs,
Beth
Old 09-01-2005, 09:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Mandy....

Good for you that your reaching out.. !!
that's a good first step....

I could never recover alone from my addictions...
I'd always talk myself into using...
it wasn't until I swallowed my pride and walked into the 12 step rooms did my recovery begin and life got better for me..

I hope you will consider some kind of outside help to get you started on the road back...
AA/NA is just a phone call away probably...

in any event... stay and talk to us here on SR...

This is a good safe place to start..
Old 09-01-2005, 09:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jack

Hi Mandy, you're not alone

Hi Mandy....you are not alone.Drunk or not your boyfriend does not care for you. No one.....NO MAN would hit you if they had respect for women.
I have no idea what your relationship with your parents is like but that said they are your best resource. It took me years to understand I was making bad decisions. I had to learn to listen to people who had only my best interests at heart. Once I started listening to them and not trying to do it my way did my life get a little bit back on track.
Please go to someone, your parents, a therapist, anyone who can give you objective advice.
Alcohol or drugs are easier to beat than living as though the person you're living with knows more than you or has better decision making powers than you as far as your life is concerned. Please Mandy, don't be another statistic we read about in the newspaper or see on TV. You're better than that. You're smarter than that and I know that cuz you knew enuf to get on a computer and look for advice.
Write me please and let me know how it's going. I don't write from inexperience. I'm a recovering heroin and alcohol addict, plus any other drug you can think of. Been there, done that...got the T shirt.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Mandy,

Welcome to SR! You can find lots of encouragement and support here and I'm glad you're reaching out for help.

Anna
Old 09-01-2005, 09:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Midas

Welcome Aboard, Mandy! Lots of great folks on these boards!

Old 09-01-2005, 09:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Mandy you can also check out www.unhooked.com
Old 09-01-2005, 11:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi Mandy,

Welcome to SR, glad you found us.

nogard