Notices

day 1. again.

Old 08-28-2005, 05:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 1. again.

Alcoholic is such a powerful word. My goal is never to say "this is day 1. again" again. This will be the toughest thing I ever do, but I am committed. I know I can't do it alone, and am thankful for this place.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Hello Poodles--Welcome to SR! Glad you found us. My name is Laura and I am a recovering alkie/pothead. And just so you know, everyday is like a day one for me. Not in a "I feel like crap. I screwed up again," kind of way, but in a, "Whatever happened yesterday and whatever will happen tomorrow are really not important. What matters is what I do with today," kind of way.

Hope you will hang out for a while, post some more, and let us get to know you.

Hugs--
Old 08-28-2005, 07:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by poodles
Alcoholic is such a powerful word. You bet it is. My goal is never to say "this is day 1. again" again. This will be the toughest thing I ever do, but I am committed. I know I can't do it alone, and am thankful for this place.
Hi Poodles, my name is Denise, today I'm a very grateful recovering alcoholic...a warm welcome to SoberRecovery...it's good to see you know you can't do it alone, SR is a wonderful place to start out..you'll get the best support, wisdom and knowledge from the gang here, we all understand, only thing is you have to LISTEN, and really LISTEN.

Wishing you all the best on your journey to sobriety...stick around, let us get to know you.

Hugs....
Old 08-28-2005, 07:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Poodles,

Yeah, alcoholic is quite a label to have to slap on ourselves. Once we do this, though, we can start to gather the tools we need to not drink. And not drinking gives us probably our only chance to live a fulfilling, happy and rich life (not problem free though). These tools can come in the form of meetings, counselors, friends, supportive family, clean and sober activities, helping others, etc., etc. The more tools the better.

I don't mind calling myself an alcoholic, because things are so much better than they were. I am actually living today and I wasn't before.

Jup.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome and Hello!

Glad to see a new member here!
Old 08-28-2005, 09:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is a good place to be people care, and will give you support. Stay strong it is not easy, but it can be done. It will be so worth it in the end.
Take it easy,
beth
Old 08-28-2005, 09:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey poodles

I'm with you....we can be buddies in your plan of action and never saying this is my 1st day, again. Actually, today, the 28th, is my second day Hope to hear from you!!
Love and peace
Old 08-28-2005, 09:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Am so glad you are here.