Notices

Don't, know how u do it, sober ugh, killing me

Old 08-27-2005, 10:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Don't, know how u do it, sober ugh, killing me

I am just a miserable person. I don't want to feel anything
Even if I could wake up tomorrow as sober as a new born, I would be f'd up quickly. Doesn't anyone see how much the false values of society screw everyone up? Critisize me , hurt me, analyze me, hurt me, judge me , hurt me, make fun of what i wear, hurt me, call me old, hurt me . call me pathetic I agree, but when you judge try to think about what it was like when you were me.

Holding on while i can
Old 08-27-2005, 11:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Free from Weed!

If you go through your life worrying about what everyone else thinks about you of course your going to be miserable. Concentrate on yourself and how you view yourself, your opinion should be the only thing that matteres to you. One of my favorite quotes: "don't let the clown with the frown get you down"

Try to write a list of how you think people view you now, then write a list of how you wan't to be viewed. Try to improve yourself for you and no one else.

Cheer up!
Old 08-27-2005, 11:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

not here to judge my friend, we're in this fight together. You don't have to be miserable, you don't have to be alone. Right here with you.
I used to hate how i thought everyone criticized and judged me to, then i realized that i am my own worst critic. My critic is my ego. I used to do alot more battles between ego and spirit. I started trying to think positive, not concerning myself so much whith what others think. Its what i think that matters most.
there was also a time that i didn't want to feel either, further down the road i COULDN"T feel anymore. I chose not to. I didn't know any different. Recovery, sobriety has taught me alot in 14 months. I wouldn't trade it for anything in this world.
Life is better today, and i do believe it will keep getting better. Putting down the drink and drugs was the key, then going to AA. But thats what worked for me.
I remember only too well what all my yesterdays brought me. all that pain, suffering.
don't give up hope.
hugs, Wendy
Old 08-28-2005, 12:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Midas

I agree we live in a pretty F*'d up society. We have the "Live the American Dream and party endlessly with the gorgeous guys and gals from the beer commercials" misconception constantly driven into our little subconscious minds. That's messed up. And I believe that's what messes a lot of us up during adolescence.

If you're not a beautiful person on the outside, you must be a complete troll on the inside. That's seriously messed up too.

If you don't believe what everyone else thinks you should believe in...BOOM! Instant outcast.

Screw what everyone else thinks. The double-edged sword cuts both ways though.

What drinking problem?? Why does everyone have a problem with MY drinking?
#1. We drown ourselves in denial (Duh Nile) and we never see it as a problem.
#2. Our drinking becomes everyone else's problem eventually.

Old 08-28-2005, 05:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Hugs to to bfree!! I remember what it was like to have those same feelings you are having right now. AA has changed my life for the better. It's not just about not drinking. I am now happy and FREE!!

I didn't do anything without drinking. Heck, I use to take beer in the shower with me!! UGH!! I had to learn to change my way of thinking. One of my favorite sayings is: What other people think of me is none of my business!

As long as I'm doing the "next right thing" and living my life the way it was meant to be, the I know there is nothing other can say about me. And if they did, screw them. (this is progress, not perfection) LOL

I found that alot of my troubles were of my own making. Thinking I knew what everyone else thought. My life is so much better now.

Hope you find what you're looking for! We're here to help!!
Hugs,
Missy
Old 08-28-2005, 06:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

((((((((bfree))))))))) Sorry you are feeling so awful. I used to feel the same way and justified a lot of my drinking that way. Then I realized what I was doing and that I really had NO IDEA what other people thought of me. I know now that when I am critical of other people it is usually because of something I don't like about myself. I am pretty sure that is what is going on with other people when they are critical of me as well. And it really doesn't matter. It is what I do, think, and feel that matters. And no one has control over that except me. If what other people do makes me hurt, it is because I let it. I have the power to choose the way I react to life. I can let it get me down, or I can say, "Oh well. Too bad for them. What am I going to do to make my life better today?"

Hang in there. We are all still here for you.

Hugs--