SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Another interview!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/68405-another-interview.html)

eddie z. 09-01-2005 06:58 PM

Thank you, too, Chy!!

Love and hugs,
Eddie :brain

cwohio 09-01-2005 08:02 PM

thanks eddiez - i am grateful for my job!

shockozulu 09-01-2005 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by eddie z.
Thank you so much, Alera!! The guy already called and wants me to come in again tomorrow to meet the other pharmacists! So it is looking very promising. The only problem is I haven't heard back from my first interview which is the job I really want. Should I call them?

Love and hugs,

Let me know what the first interview people say. And I can't wait to hear how it goes tomorrow.

Thinking of you.

lulu70 09-02-2005 04:14 AM

(((((((((Eddie)))))))))))) So glad to hear things are beginning to go your way and that people are finally appreciating you for the wonderful person you are!!! Thanks for keeping us "posted"!!!!!!! LOL

eddie z. 09-02-2005 05:40 AM

You're welcome, Christie!!

Thank you, Alera and Laura!! :blush:

Have to dress up now. Then I'm out the door again.

Love and hugs,

nogard 09-02-2005 10:58 AM

hey eddie, how did you go?

nogard

eddie z. 09-02-2005 11:52 AM

I'm expecting them to call back this afternoon and offer me the position. I don't quite know what to tell them, though, since I'm still waiting to hear back on the job I really want. Thank you for asking!

Love and hugs,

eddie z. 09-02-2005 06:36 PM

They called and offered me the job I interviewed for yesterday and today!!!

I didn't actually answer the phone, so I didn't have to give an answer yet. But the job is mine if I don't get the other one. Whoo-hoo!! :bananadan

Love and hugs,

shockozulu 09-02-2005 09:57 PM

Yes!!!!!!
:bunny5: <---- Maggie is happy for you too :wink3:

2dayzmuse 09-02-2005 10:14 PM

Congratulations Eddie! You can begin to rest easy now. Getting the job thing behind you must be a great relief. Good luck...

angelgirl 09-02-2005 11:59 PM

Congrats eddie :)
You deserve the best. I hope the other place calls very soon, and gives that job to you, I really think it's your calling. I do. But I guess a job is a job.. Do Pharmacists make more money than the D/A counselor, if you don't mind my asking? How long is that schooling for the D/A counselor? Are you willing to move around for a D/A counselor job? I know we had an opening in like Feb. for the state owned clinic I go to.. Might be easier if you are willing to move. There is a very big hospital that I live by, I have been there several times for detox, and treatment. That's all inpatient there. They had an intern one of the times I was there. I believe that would be an excellant place to work, a program like that.. I know those counselors at the hospital make more money than the counselors at the state run outpatient place.
The woman that got hired in Feb at the outpatient state run place was working in Pennsylvania..
Well congrats, either way, you'll have a job, and that's very cool. Maybe even if you need to take the pharmacists job, at least there will still be that possibility of later a job opening up for a counselor.. :)

Love, Becky

eddie z. 09-03-2005 04:19 AM

Thank you, Alera, MaggieBunny, LeAnne, and Becky!! Becky, yes, pharmacists make big $$$, especially compared to D/A counselors. The school for me, because I already had a degree, was only one academic year, not even all full-time either. But I just earned a certificate. I am willing to move somewhat. I would be willing to go to the Raleigh area, but not much of anywhere else, and not out of state.

I am really looking to COMBINE my pharmacy training with my counseling training in some way, not to just be a pharmacist or counselor alone. There is an open market, high demand for pharmacists in NC these days, though. I applied for a number of counseling jobs, but there's just not the demand in that area like there is in pharmacy. So I guess I'll be a pharmacist for a while now.

Love and hugs,

eddie z. 09-03-2005 05:57 AM

Thank you, Ms B!!! I will still be around, I hope!

Love and hugs,

nogard 09-03-2005 02:38 PM

Cograts eddie, doing a BIG dance fore you :) :bananadan :bananadan

nogard

eddie z. 09-04-2005 07:04 AM

Thank you, Kevin!!

Love and hugs,

Anna 09-04-2005 07:37 AM

Great news Eddie! Way to go!!

Love, Anna