Notices

8 days today and feeling good...

Old 08-19-2005, 06:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stronger every day!

8 days today and feeling good...

So far so good this time......and a crappy night I am having tonight but I'm feeling strong and coming to the meeting here at 10. Plus I went to an online Naranon meeting earlier so I think I can do it.....
Old 08-19-2005, 07:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can do it honey! Keep up with the meetings! We are here for ya and just remember that it gets better.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

((( jpeace )))
Old 08-20-2005, 12:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Thinking of you jpeace, and enjoyed chatting with you last night.

Take care now!
Old 08-20-2005, 03:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on 8 days. Hang in there.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Stronger every day!

Thanks gang!! It was great to "meet" some of you last night at the meeting. I'll definitely be back for the next one. It's Day 9 today and I am still feeling really strong despite my decision to end my relationship with someone I love dearly who is also still in active addiction (cocaine and alcohol). It's a bittersweet feeling to have more peace knowing someone you really love is out of your life today than to have them beside you. Funny though, perhaps last night was the bottom for me as far as my codie issues, because the last time we separated all I felt was lost and empty, and that's when I drank again. I've always been more of a binge drinker when I was unhappy than i daily drinker, which is what helped me avoid my own drinking problem for many years. Coming here was an eye opener that yes, I too had a problem with not being able to control my drinking when I did drink.

This time feels SO different from the last time we split up--I'm having a very peaceful morning. Listening to Springsteen, just made breakfast and am catching up on emails, paying bills, and planning a long walk later. Not even a thought of having a drink today. I sense this is my HP at work, telling me I made the right decision and guiding me toward my own path of sobriety.
Thank you all for being here on my journey. It is good to not feel alone and scared anymore. Have a wonderful day, wherever you are......and thanks for letting me share.

Love, Genie
Old 08-20-2005, 09:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Genie,

Hang on to the good feelings you are having in sobriety and when it gets rough, think how bad it is when you drink/use and how good those sober times were. This has helped me during those bad times.

You are doing great! Keep it up!

Jup.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

(((jpeace))) congrats on the 8 days, great that your still here and hangin in there.

nogard