Notices

day 5 not going to well

Old 08-17-2005, 03:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 5 not going to well

I was doing fairly well this morning, felt very shaky and just plain bad but I am on my way. My supposedly best friend (non user) stopped by and evrything was OK. @ 5 my neighbor asked her for a ride. I said I would go for the ride. She knows I am trying to get clean, but on the way home she started belittling me, calling me names and calling me a drunkin loser I couldn't believe it. im already shaking like a leaf and this B**** starts picking on me. I ended up walking home and I am fuming cause I only went for the ride to be nice. Now my head is all screwed up and I feel like I might fall Im trying to let it go, then the phone rings, on the answering machine she starts singing 100 bottles of beer on the wall. Now I am feeling really isolated. Apparently I can't consider that person a friend, but that hurts. was gonna use but I think I feel better now. I think I am really liking SR. I think I am lying slightly I want to get high so bad it is ridiculous. Why do people feel the need to sabotage other people, it just makes everything so much harder
Old 08-17-2005, 03:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thats messed up.Tell your friend good bye.Congrats on 5 days.Hang in there.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's a trick of the enemy. Don't use no matter what. Try and shake that feeling. It will pass if you hold on. Call AA or talk to a sponsor or just talk to us until it passes. I know you are not used to this sober, but it will get easier if you just hold on and believe. STAND UP AND DON'T FALL. YOU CAN DO IT
Old 08-17-2005, 04:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What a bitch! Anyway, forget it and think of you and keep strong. Be kind to yourself, it's early days. Take some controlled deep breaths when you need to
Old 08-17-2005, 04:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wow, that definitely is not a friend Bfree.

Hang in there! You're doing great. The shakiness will go away and you'll get much stronger physically and mentally. And, yes there are always things will make it hard to stay clean/sober, always. There is always a reason to get high. It's simply a decision you have to make that you are going to live life as it comes and feel the feelings involved.

Keep posting and reading here, I hope it will help.

Love, Anna
Old 08-17-2005, 06:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I would get that person out of your life. You don't deserve that. Keep hanging out with people who are gonna support your decision to keep sober. Hang out here with us !

It'll get much easier.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi bfree,

Cut that person out of your life. Not a friend, I think as others have said, more like the enemy. Some people are so sick...

Day 5 is great! You can do this! I thought I was hopeless after years of boozing and I got sober! You can do it if I can.

Don't isolate, but consider going to an AA meeting. Just being around other understanding people can make all the difference.

Hang in there.

Jup.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Maybe she thought she was being funny. We know how incredibly unfunny this disease is. I agree with the others, you probably don't need her in your life. But if she is really important to you, maybe you should confront her and tell her how bad she made you feel. I hate confrontation though, I would do anything not to fight. Congrats on your five days. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

made it through day 5

thank you all. I know you are absolutely right I need to get rid of so called friends and surround myself with positive influences. For what ever reason she has been trying to sabatoge my recovery for years, I was just to screwed up to see it. mbtired unfortunatley you are wrong, she was not trying to be funny, just mean. I am cutting her off as much as possible, I have to be involved with her because she is a close family member, but I don't have to take the crap she spews out. I had to remind myself I can't change other peoples behavior I can only change the way I react to them.

Hugs to all,
Beth
Old 08-18-2005, 01:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Pray for that person. Read pages 66 and 67 of the Big Book. She is a spiritually sick person in addition to being a b!tch to the tenth degree.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Clearly this person has some type of power trip over you when you are drunk. Possibly she is also a user in hiding or thinks she might be. Either way, your sobriety is undermining her.

Let her go except when you have to see her. This is no friend at all. A real friend would pat you on the back.

BTW, congrats on your 5 days sober Post here, or go to a meeting but work to stay clean.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

(((bfree4u)))
Old 08-18-2005, 04:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

wow, people can be so cruel, just forget about her and try to not let her get to you, you have made it to day 5 which is great, keep up the great work.