Notices

Am i in the right place??

Old 08-19-2005, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Am i in the right place??

Hi, im new to this forum. I don't know where to begin or wether or not im on the right forum. I have a drink problem i.m.o. Just searching for a connection really.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Meetings Coordinator

you surely are in the right place. you'll find out very quickly the great family we all are here welcome to SR
Old 08-19-2005, 06:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

HELLO AND WELCOME TO S/R

GLAD YOU'RE HERE . tHIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE TO GET SOME ADVICE

CHRIS
Old 08-19-2005, 07:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You found the right place and a new home. This site is filled with many wonderful people and lots of hope for a new way of living. Read as many posts as you can and keep on posting back to us. You are not alone and there is a solution for a drinking problem.
You can see the light from where you're standing.
Hang out here on SR with us!
Old 08-19-2005, 07:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! Hope you find what you need.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Great place, great people. People just like you and I. People who are tired of the pain and want to make changes for the better. Welcome...to SR.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Nimdib,

Yes, you probably are in the right place - welcome on board.

Do you have any quitting plans as yet? It can take a while for events to lead us down one path or another and here's as good a place as any to discuss it.

You'll find a whole mix of opinions here which is good - from people battling HARD, very hard against the stuff with raw emotions and views on the subject to the long-time sober here to return the favour that they received when they first arrived, or just determined never to forget what drink didn't do for them.

I'm sort of between the two somewhere, just knocked up my second whole year without a drink and really enjoying every minute if it - Sober is a nice place to be. (Well - sober and not-wanting-a-drink is a nice place to be)

email or pm at any time if you need a chat.

Deg.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Midas

Welcome Aboard, Nim! & Way 2 Go on the 2 years, Degadar!

Old 08-20-2005, 02:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

yes
Old 08-20-2005, 02:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome yes SR is a great place to be lots of great new friends to meet.
indigo
Old 08-20-2005, 07:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome

Welcome to SR. You are definitely in the right place. I suggest you make a meeting and keep coming back, keep coming until you come to.

It works if you work it!!
Old 08-20-2005, 09:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome Nim,

Thought maybe this site may help you find where meetings are held in your location.

http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk/meetings/
Old 08-20-2005, 11:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi and welcome to SR!
Please check out our Alcoholism and AA forums! You'll get a lot of support here.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
a hole new life

Hello and welcome. you certainly have found a bunch of people with loads of experience on recovery, loads of encouragement and loads of help. Ive been sober now for 20 days, by far my dryest time in 20 yrs. I found this site by accident and its by far the best accident thats ever happened to me!! You are in the right place, keep reading and posting dont worry if you feel what you need to say is garbage and not relevent, just post it, get it off your chest, it will make you feel a hole lot better.
Good luck and looking forward to supporting you if I can.
Keep on digging DEEP
Old 08-20-2005, 12:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Nim, Welcome to SR.

You are right where you need to be. They are a great bunch here and willing share their experience, strength and hope at every opportunity.

I am not an alcoholic, I am an al-anon. I live a little bit west of you and I know there are wonderful AA meetings in York. I also know that there is a convention in Harrogate on the first Sunday in Sept at the Moat House Hotel. Conventions are a great way of hearing people tell their story without feeling the pressure to share.

Hope you stick around.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:39 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

York meetings
Old 08-20-2005, 01:50 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi and welcome to SR, glad you found us.

nogard
Old 08-20-2005, 06:45 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
blessed

This Site Is The Bomb

I HAVE BEEN ACTIVE ON THIS SITE FOR SOME WEEKS NOW ,AND IT HAS HELPED ME A LOT. THIS SITE ROCKS.

SOBERRECOVERY
Old 08-21-2005, 12:32 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thank you

Feel kinda guilty that i didn't dare look at this site again until......yep, had a drink. Amazed by all the replies. Thought forums were a place people find any excuse to slam you but this has certainly proved otherwise. Looking forward to getting to know you all and disclosing more about me to you. But for now i will tell you this much....im 33, female, married, kids, prettyish, no stunner!....lol, but feel ugly on the inside which is what is more important. I am slowly coming to the conclusion that although i dont drink daily, (only because i'm too hungover every other day) i may or may not be classed as alcoholic. I gotta be honest, i dont know if i am or not. Just know that the fact that i can't spend more than a few days sober is not normal when i compare myself to people around me. Alcohol is my comfort blanket and my escape but at the same time my shame and misery and weakness. Hey, this sounds like im a real depressing person....lol!.....quite the opposite really. I'm fiery, strong willed, fun loving and one day hope to be an artist either in painting or photography, only the drink gets in the way.......Make of all that what you will. I hope i can connect with some people like minded. I feel like an alien most of the time. If my aquaintances read this they wouldnt believe it....Thanks again for your replies. Much appreciated. xxx
Old 08-21-2005, 12:39 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Paused

We all go through the stage of wondering if we have a problem or not. And if we do, then what? It takes time and learning the hard way before we can really determine the extent of our problems. For now, you are searching out avenues of advice and help. That is a step forward and a good start. Time will tell, but know that you have found a great place to come and voice and ask for support. I hope things start to look up for you. Good luck...