Notices

Afraid

Old 08-02-2005, 06:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Afraid

I am new to this forum.. to make a long story short, I am addicted to tranqulizers and alcohol... Just super nervous all the time and feel i cant deal with the world. It just plain overwhelms me. It never occured to me to check myself into rehab, I always thought id have to be taken kicking and screaming or just end up there - somehow, how stupid is that?
I need to work the twelve steps. I am afraid to give up both of my addictions but they cause me so much shame and pain why would i be so scared???????
Old 08-02-2005, 06:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forever In Recovery, Dana

Of course you are afraid to let go of something that has become part of your life, just think of it this way, getting a divorce, moving to a new home, giving up smoking,...there are so many things that are scary in this world. Just remind yourself that in giving up your addictions, only GOOD things can happen. It gets better and it gets easier as you go along but just think to yourself. I will not drink or use drugs just for today and then if I feel like it tomorrow, I can do it then. Then when tomorrow becomes today, wake up and say it again. Quiting "FOREVER" is impossilbe, but not using TODAY is WELL within your reach! You CAN DO IT! You deserve better in this life! I did rehab and it TURNED MY LIFE AROUND! I put as much work into rehab as I put into drinking and using drugs everyday and I believe I am and will continue to be a success story! Sure I struggle but I always know I can stay sober JUST FOR TODAY!
Take care and KEEP COMING BACK! Keep us posted and we are here for you always!
Old 08-02-2005, 07:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome and Hello!

As a beginning to your new life.....it is bwise to have an honest talk with your doctor.

A doctor can evaluate your physical condition and help you plan a corse for recovery. They can a also refer you to an addiction professional.

Do not try to stop by yourself.
It can be dangerous especially since alcohol+drugs are involved.

So glad you have joined us...we do understand. You are not alone.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

Welcome bernardo!

I truly feared sobriety but once sober I realized there really is nothing to fear anymore, now it's the thought of drinking again that scares me. do what ever it takes to find help and rehab would be a safe place to start.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello Bernardo,

Sounds to me like you're sick and tired of being sick and tired... and nervous!
It only gets worse so why not check into that rehab? It would do you a world of good and there will be other people in your shoes, doing the same thing, and a medical staff that makes it easier to get off the merry go around of addiction.