Notices

Keeping it going

Old 08-02-2005, 01:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
a hole new life

Lightbulb Keeping it going

Thanks all you guys, this really does help loads. Day six is here, feeling good!!

For the first time in 3 years of trying to beat this addiction, I have finally accepted that I am a ALCOHOLIC, Of couse the thinking before was that it could not get me like it has my younger brother and sister, I am the big brother, thier strength, thier guiding light. The reason I didnt get AA was I did not like standing up and addmitting I was an ALCOHOLIC, because of that I am back to rock bottom.I will now start all my posts with....Digger here I am a ALCOHOLIC

Keep on digging
Old 08-02-2005, 01:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi Digger, welcome to SR and congratulations.

nogard
Old 08-02-2005, 01:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Midas

Hi Digger! Welcome Aboard. My name is Midas, and I'm an alcoholic and an addict. It took me a while to force those words out for the first couple meetings. Then it became almost automatic.

Keep On Coming Back!

Old 08-02-2005, 06:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

That lable of Alcoholic is hard to attacch to yourself at first.

"Gee! What happened to me? Why me?"

AA meetings are where i met others who were winning over addiction. I was not alone or weak willed or nutso! Wow!

Living sober is absolutely narvelous! Congratulations!
Old 08-02-2005, 07:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Digger

welcome to the site.

ACCEPTANCE is the key to all my problems today.

You've made the first step and that's the hardest one to make.

keep coming back

chris
Old 08-02-2005, 07:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Braveheart

Hi Digger and Welcome to SR
I found SR 10 days ago and they have been an important source and inspiration for my recovery. It's been 10 days (today) and I believe their support as made a world of difference in my journey of sobriety. I, too, have known that I've needed help for many years, and I, too, never wanted to stand up and mutter "I'm an alcoholic". But, its funny how when my recovery became more important than my pride, it didn't seem to matter much. I went to my first AA meeting last Tuesday. Have you been to meeting, yet? It was a rather scary expereince and could have easily walked away before entering, but pushed forward through the fear. The people were wonderful and I look forward to tonight's weekly meeting. I suppose my point is that you have already gotten past a difficult step in admitting your life is unmanageable because of your drinking. All the rest are tools that are available to you to help you maintain the choice of sobriety that you've already made.

SR is a great source of information and encouragement, Digger. The folks here are loving and experienced in the journey and the tools. Keep coming back and posting with us. And, check your local directory for AA meetings. I found one (H.O.W.) Honesty, Openness, Willingness -which suits me perfectly. One of my biggest concerns was attending a meeting filled with "court ordered" attendence. I didn't want that. I wanted to be around others who voluntarily attendended. For me, a big difference. Pray, Digger, your HigherPower is listening.

So, congratulations on your 6 days of sobriety! You can do this! SR will be here to walk the trail with you!

Gina