Notices

I Got Stoned Today & I Regret It! My Story......

Old 07-31-2005, 06:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lightbulb I Got Stoned Today & I Regret It! My Story......

Hi!! My name is Simon & I come from Australia.....I Joined this board over a year ago & haven't signed in for about 10 months or so....I have been off Marijuana for over a year now, although I fell from Grace about 2 weeks ago & smoked one joint of a Marijuana bud & got stoned......this joint lowered my immune sytem & I caught the Flu. I haven't touched Pot for two weeks & today I slipped & rebelled big time! I smoked 4 joints of Pot leaf.
Let me tell you why Pot is dangerous to me.....I suffer from a mild form of Paranoid Psychosis which is caused by hormones & was diagnosed years before I started smoking Pot seriously......I also suffer from Clinical Depression, & my Doctor said I was "obsessive" not Obsessive Compulsive.
What makes it worse is that I am a Believer & I should know better than to smoke Marijuana when I know how dangerous it is, (having a blood brother who also suffers from Mental Illness & smokes Pot heavily....although he would like to give the habit up)......I don't know what makes me want to do stupid things like Pot at my age,(which is 37)......I'm going to commit to this board in order to get better.....
Please help me board,

feeling confused,

Yours Sincerely,

Simon

Last edited by sh777au; 07-31-2005 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Missplaced Bracket
Old 08-01-2005, 06:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome back, keep coming back
h
Old 08-01-2005, 11:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Smile

Hello Simon--Glad you made it back. I am Laura and I have been clean from alcohol and marijuana for over 17 months. I understand how sneaky the pot can be. I don't have any magic words to help you stop, but I can tell you what worked for me. I had to commit myself to a face to face program of recovery. I found new friends and completely changed my way of living. I learned that I do not have all the answers and that I had to be willing to do anything to stay clean. You can do it too, if you really want it.

Again, I am glad you decided to come back here. Keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

Hugs--
Old 08-01-2005, 03:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi fellow Aussie,
You say that you think its crazy smoking pot at 37. Addictions know no age ,they don't really care if your 15 or 65. The most important thing is that you've decided to admit to your problem and are seeking help for it. Anyway, hows the weather down Grafton way, I'm up on the Gold Coast where the sun is always shining, even more so now that I'm sober.
Greg.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone who has replied to my post...I am committed to recovery & have vowed to myself never to smoke Marijuana ever again.....I'm starting day one clean & sober...thanks to God & this board...I had some major Paranoia last night & I never want to smoke Pot again & go through that again!

Thanks to everyone,

Yours Sincerely,

Last edited by sh777au; 08-01-2005 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Too many o's in yours