SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   A Test Of Willpower (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/65238-test-willpower.html)

pearl 07-22-2005 09:32 PM

A Test Of Willpower

I have been absent from the boards for a couple of weeks...checking in just periodically and contributing little. As some may know my hubby and I are in the middle of selling our house and relocating back to the mainland, a huge transition in itself. I have confided to a few who I PM'd in a panic that I have experienced a "slip", a lovely afternoon of vodka gimlets that led me nowhere except wanting more, which I know is not an option for me.

I have been embaressed to come back and make my admission, although I know many have had the same experiences as I and are empathetic. I ask for your continued support, prayers and compassion.

Mahalo nui loa
Pearl

2tough2die 07-22-2005 09:45 PM

Slipping is a learning process. Growing up I slipped a lot on ice. Learned that the only way to navigate a treacherous frozen lake is slowly and carefully. If you slip, get back up, slowly... carefully... or you'll risk falling through the ice (unfortunately that's not a metaphor, it's a true story. Talk about embarrassed LOL).

Walk along again with us, Pearl. lohi... nihi...

:)

True Blue 07-22-2005 10:20 PM

Pearl, You have my continued support, prayers and compassion.

The important thing is that you have come back. I know how you feel Pearl, I have been there myself.

Take care of yourself. And happy to see you posting again.

Dan 07-23-2005 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by pearl
that led me nowhere except wanting more

When that thought really gets to be part of our fabric, and I pray it has for me as well this time back, we'll be okay, yeah?
Welcome back Pearl.

Ola i ke ahe lau makani.
Life is in a gentle breath of wind.

PS... What a beautiful language.

Val-light 07-23-2005 05:30 AM

I have experienced a "slip", a lovely afternoon of vodka gimlets that led me nowhere except wanting more, which I know is not an option for me.
Hi Pearl,
I know how you feel. Whether it's drinking to celebrate or drinking because of stress or boredom...the hangover's the same....miserable. I'm returning from a relapse myself. Keeping all things in perspective will help. Good luck with your move.
Val

CarolD 07-23-2005 05:41 AM

Great

to see you again Pearl! :bananadan

Welcome back to sobriety abd SR!

In memory of miracle 07-23-2005 05:45 AM

Welcome back (( Pearl )) Today is the only day that matters.

nogard 07-23-2005 06:41 AM

Hey Pearl, welcome back I have missed you, its all part of our recovery. Write some more.

(((Hugs)))

nogard

pearl 07-23-2005 10:58 AM

(((Greg, Dan, Carol, Val, Miraclen, Nogard, Karen, Chris, LeAnne)))

Thank you for your love and support.

Pearl

FaeryQueen 07-23-2005 11:06 AM

Welcome back Pearl.
It took a "slip" for me to finally "get it"......it takes what it takes.
:hug:
Tanya