Notices

need advice on probation

Old 07-18-2005, 09:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry need advice on probation

Well this is the second try at this! I just got out of jail after serving 25 days for violation of probation. I drank and showed up at my PO's intoxicated. Shouldn't be hard to figure out that I have no judgemnt after a couple pints..Now I'm debating whether or not I should max my time out to save alot of money and No more counseling, drug tests or Breathalizer's. I know deep down that I probably need to be accountable for my actions or I could possibly drink myself to death.. I have some pretty serious stinking thinking. I blew a 0.2.9 at the probation dept if that tells you anything. As well as showing up for court a blowing a 0.4.0 INSANITY.. So I just try and take it one day at a time right now.. Any thought's would be helpful Teresa

Last edited by raven39us; 07-18-2005 at 09:23 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 07-18-2005, 09:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I_am_tj

Welcome to SR raven. How can we help? tell us about yourself.
My name is tj and I'm an alcoholic. 3 weeks sober today.

Old 07-18-2005, 09:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi tj

It's my first time here, just trying to figure out how this works. I got alittle over a month with the help of the justice system..I've been drinkin gmost of my life and drugs too but alcohol is my drug of choice and the one that's kicking my ass. The first of this year I got in trouble with the police and been struggling to regain some kind of sanity in my life since then. I go to alot of meetings but I need to make some friends (sober ones) right now.. anyway nice to meet you take care..Teresa:shysmile:
Old 07-18-2005, 09:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If I always do, what I've always done , I'll get what I always got.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Welcome to SR.

Well Raven you say you go to lots of meetings, do you have a sponsor, are you starting to work the steps, do you read the big book?

Do you get phone numbers of others at the meeting that you can call when
the urge to pick up a drink comes upon you?

All of the above cannot only lead you into sobriety, but help you to learn how to LIVE SOBER.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing, we do care!!!!

Love and (((((to all))))),
Old 07-19-2005, 02:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jack

Hi Raven....ready for some tough love? You say "I probably need to be accountable for my actions". What makes you think that? Sounds to me as though you like to drink and you're good at it. As far as being accountable, why just with booze? Why not skip the rules of the road too? Red doesn't mean YOU have to stop. Let others watch out.
Why worry about paying bills? Those big companies have enough money anyway.
Raven you need a check up from the neck up. Get some help before you hurt anyone else. It's not just you who pays the price for your immaturity and irresponsibility. Do you have kids, parents, siblings? Don't you know this affects them too?
I don't know why but I'll think of you when I pray today. God bless.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

jbm125,
No I don't like to drink! I don't like to feel anything. I have a very hard time coping with life on lifes turns. Now I'm being made to do that by the court system. I'm at the end of the line in my addictions. I believe I need to hear the truth and some tough love. Not too many people still around to do that. I've made sure of that. At this point in my life after fighting this disease for twenty years there's is a part of me that just doesn't care what happenens to me it would be easier just to make everything go anyway. But it hasn't worked so far. So I continue to keep trying and listening to other Alcoholic's who know more than I. I've had 5 years soberity before but this time I'm having a harder time finding any kind of peace and serenity. If you don't know why your praying for me maybe you shouldn't. Thanks Raven
Old 07-19-2005, 10:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ohh Jack, harsh.