Notices

does it ever end?

Old 07-13-2005, 09:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

does it ever end?

I have beensober for six months then had a relapse not a bad one but iguess its still a relapse all threw my recovery i experienced wierd unusual feelings of course. i kept trying to find reasons why i was feeling this wa. i wake up angry ,unhappy and just not wanting to get up i wanted to sleep all day. i got up moved around metitated,prayed made my bed tried to eat went to meetings. that all made me feel a little better iwas just still on the go go go searching for things to make me feel better.i put the blame on this and that but still when i got rid of this and that the feelings where stiil ther im just sad unhappy angry anxious as hll sounds like early recovery.duh. it started getting better i felt spiritually fit starting getting better again. i question myself if it was real happiness the times i was feeling good was when i was wrapped up in the program doing things it was getting pretty good good feelings were happenen then the shtty ones would come back again clinching my jaw constantlly when i got around people i would have bad anxiety attacks lasting for hours and somtimes day racing thoughts of course they did start to go away then bam relapse.. i talk to my councler about it open honest about everything she seems to think i need anti-depressants im just confused about it all it seems like a never ending story good happens then shtty happen does it ever end??????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????thx for any replies or advice or lectures i need them and i need to call my sponser once

IM NEVER ALONE BUT ALONE ALL YHE TIME.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,., ADDICTION IM COMIN AFTER YOU
Old 07-13-2005, 09:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I can

assure you that my alcoholism has been in remission for years. No crabings... no relapse nor depression/anxiety.

God and AA amd my absolute determination to stay sober are the keys I use.

This can be true for you too...Blessings
Old 07-14-2005, 05:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I in same boat,been sober months then slip.I just did again 5 days then try to celbrate my baby is a boy and drunk again??Why is it so easy to slip?Alchole is deady poison but I cant seem to go a week anymore.I once had 59 days and felt great!!Excuse,excuse,excuses I guess.
vince
Old 07-14-2005, 05:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Consider that your addiction only has one goal... You know what it is. If we let our minds get on the track that our addiction uses then we get beat up. We can't beat up our addiction it takes and takes and can kick the biggest mans a$$.

We walk away knowing that it is still there and going to always have a voice. Are we going to keep listening to it and falling for it's lies is the question. The farther down the road we walk away from it the harder it is for the addiction to take control.

I think the reason you have weird and unusal feelings is because addiction keeps us from being in touch with how we really feel and finally feeling our feelings can feel pretty strange cause they are foriegn to us.

Addiction wants you to feel "normal" like you did while you were using... Get reaquinted with yourself let your real self shine through. Stop believing the lies...
Old 07-14-2005, 07:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Remember that the further we are from our last one the closer we are to our next, and another thing is that how in the H*ll so we know the answers when we don't even know the questions. Just because I go to meetings, and think that I am working the steps LOL doesn't mean that I am in the program, we are here to help each other but if we truly want the help we will do what it takes to stay sober. I know my sponser told me that I didn't go back expecting the different results I went back expecting the same results but the results will never be the same. We must get rid of our self and help others that is the key to me.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

HMM

might be why so many fail to make it being clean and sober. Too often, people never give sobriety a chance.

I white knuckled it for almost 2 years. A lot of that had to do with getting everyone off my back.

Rest assured, it's been well worth it. There's nothing, read these words again, there's nothing that a drink can do to improve the way I feel now.

I first got sober, I hear keep comin back over and over it gets better. I got an ego the size of Alaska. I thought, if they can do it I can too.

You can do this if I can. I'm the biggest quitter you ever saw. When, your back is up against the wall, when you're at the end of your rope, you become willing. Your being willing means, you're open to suggestions.

Surround your self in this program. Ask any of us how we got many years in the program and you'll ge the same response. We kept coming back and we made sobriety our #1 priority.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I_am_tj

Maybe give the antidepressants a try? I take Trazadone and Effexor (both antidepressants) and they have helped me more that you could even imagine. I'm on day 17 now and I dont have ANY anxiety or depression. Not to say they wont pop up in the future, but I'll tell ya, I really dont know if I could have quit this time without them. Effexor is really good for anxiety and trazadone is great for sleep at night. Both are great for depression.
Hang in there, & keep posting!

tj

Old 07-14-2005, 08:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

hello Jeremy and welcome to SR!!!!!!
If i see myself relapsing,....i will. instead I see myself sober and clean...I learned to tell the difference between my addiction talking...my ego...and my spirit. My ego is weak...my spirit is strong. The one who wins is the one I feed.
Like captain said...give sobriety a chance. You are worth the fight!!!!!
keep coming back and get yourself back to those meetings. Share how you are feeling...it takes it's power away, and most of all listen. USE your sponsor..that's what they're there for!!
Don't beat yourself up, it's a brand new day. We can't change all our yesterdays, but we can work on today. For a brighter tomorrow.
hugs & hugs, Wendy
Old 07-14-2005, 01:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thank ineeded to hear all of that
Old 07-14-2005, 04:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Midas

Originally Posted by CarolD

...No crabings...
God and AA and my absolute determination to stay sober are the keys I use.
This can be true for you too...Blessings
No crabbings LOL, but the temptations are still ever present. Sometimes I gotta beat 'em off with a pointy stick. Welcome to Sober Recovery, Jeremy!

Psalms 18:2
The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Old 07-15-2005, 04:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Smile

Hello Jeremy--I have been out of town and away from my computer for a few days, so I wanted to tell you "Hello and welcome!!!!!"

As far as relapse goes, IMHO, the main reason and alcoholic or addict relapses is because they pick up a drink or drug. That simple. Why we get to the point where we are willing to pick up a drink or drug when we know that doing so will only bring heartache, pain, and misery can be very different from one addict to another. However, if we don't pick up, we still won't relapse.

I would also add that trying some anti-depressants sounds like a good idea for you. You may not have to be on them for long, but they can really help with the symptoms you are describing.

Glad you found us!!!
Hugs--
Old 07-15-2005, 01:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi Jeremy,

Welcome to SR. I relate to your post and don't have any better advice than the advice given here, in particular the post from the CAPTIAN. Much as I did not want to hear what he wrote I think he has something I want, sobriety and a way for me to do it. Emotions seem to be a double edged sword, its great to have them back and then *boom* they are running my life and often seem so alien. What I can do is stay with my emotions but not get swallowed up by them, I try to remember that they will pass and I stay focssed on being sober and keep in mind how I used to be.

nogard
Old 07-15-2005, 04:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I have never had any "crabbings" myself. I did have some "Lobsterating" pain in my back, however,.....which led to some "crawfish-eye" but thats about it. lmao....sorry...lol

Yes,...it gets better. Ive been sober since April 6, 2004. The first year was a BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE. I wondered why, too. Because I had heard how hard it is for alot of people. But I figured "maybe Im just lucky" ....The last 4 months have been VERY trying. I am fighting with my parents ALL the time, got laid-off from my job,...and started having depression pretty bad. But,...I had built a solid "sober account" in which I can draw from for this very thing. Like remembered what people in the program kept telling me. Telling me that "life" still happens. The heavens dont open up, birds and butterflies to land on my shoulders and arms, the sunlight doesnt follow me around, and I dont get my "ticker-tape parade" that I deserve for getting sober....lol. I am simply living life like normal people do now. That means bills to pay, long lines to wait in at the bank or drive thru, jerks at work to deal with, ....just normal day to day "life" things. Keep building that AA muscle by going to meetings. Those will be the very reason you dont drink next time "life" happens.